Did Haye turn down Vitali’s offer?
By Sean McDaniel: What has become lost in the news about WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko electing to fight fringe contender Dereck Chisora on February 18th next year is what happened with the offer that Vitali made to Haye about a fight. Nothing has been said about the offer from Haye as to whether or not he was agreeable to it.
Obviously, the money wasn’t good enough for Haye to agree to the Haye fight. But how will things be any different after Vitali makes easy work of Chisora next year? With Haye stubbornly staying out of the ring and refusing to increase his market value by knocking off a few names, why would Vitali give Haye a bigger cut of the revenue for their hoped for fight next summer in June?
Haye is collecting dust sitting on the sidelines, and he’s not going to be any more popular when that time comes. If anything, Haye will be in less of a position to get the money that he’s asking for from Vitali because he’s resistant to getting in the ring and staying active. Haye is just sitting like a fat cat waiting for a meal to walk up to him instead of going after it.
Haye wants what he refers to as a reasonable offer, whatever that is. He received a 50-50 deal for his fight against Wladimir Klitschko last July, but he’s not going to be able to command that kind of number without a title and not staying active.
Haye is shooting himself in the foot by fighting anyone. He could really help his percentage move upwards if he would get in the ring and knock off some of the top 15 heavyweights to increase his value. I’m sure he’s been told this already by his trainer/manager Adam Booth, but he needs to do it if he wants to get the kind of money he received in the Wladimir fight.
More Boxing News:
- Dereck Chisora wants Joe Joyce fight next
- David Haye pushing for Dillian Whyte vs. Dereck Chisora 3 on November 21st
- David Haye wants Chisora to fight Dillian Whyte in trilogy
- Haye giving Chisora a great chance of beating Usyk
- Josh Taylor beats Jose Ramirez predicts Regis Prograis
- Logan Paul explains reason why Floyd Mayweather exhibition bout postponed
- Ryan Garcia: I got to put Gervonta Davis to the side
- David Benavidez vs. Ronald Ellis on March 13th on Showtime