Chisora-Helenius: Robbery 26 of 2011
By Chris McCarthy: Is there any point having boxing matches anymore? I’m trying to think hard back to a decision that was actually genuine and I’m struggling. Last night Dereck Chisora was the latest to have his record tampered with by money grabbing crooks who have absolutely no place in the game.
A clear winner by at least 5/6 rounds, he was up against a man who refused to throw many punches, and looked shot after a few rounds. If Robert Helenius goes anywhere the Klitschko’s as expected, he will get destroyed. Simple as that.
He got out-boxed last night. But crucially, he was fighting in his home land and is backed by Sauderland Promotions, say no more on that.
You could tell that Helenius was going to get the decision purely by looking at his face after his ring man whispered in his ear. This is a man who lost and knowingly lost by a few rounds, smiling with delight and waving to the crowd as though he knew he was going to win. Chisora, on the other hand, knew he had won the fight but skulked around knowing that he needed a KO to secure most probably a draw.
People may think I’m sour for being English, but I’ve noted a few questionable decisions over here in recent months aswell as the Pacquiaio/Marquez farce a few weeks back. If a fights don’t finish with a head scratching decision nowadays, it’s because the other fights are finishing with farcical tko’s, with Mayweather/ Ortiz, Hopkins/Dawson, Klit/Solis to name but a few.
It’s clear that fights are no longer decided on punches thrown, landed or who was the genuine better fighter, it’s down to money and corruption. How do we sort this out?
Can we really say every fight must be held in a neutral country with judges neutral judges? Or, to go completely over the top, we could revert to the Golden olden Gladiator days where the person left standing at the end is the winner, however long it takes.
This certainly doesn’t help boxing with UFC catching up fast. Boxing needs sorting, now.
More Boxing News:
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- Anthony Joshua MUST fight Oleksandr Usyk first – Alex Krassyuk
- Covid-19 – Boxing Schedule Update: JOSHUA VS. PULEV POSTPONED
- Whyte-Povetkin, Selby-Kambosos & Usyk-Chisora POSTPONED
- Joshua: ‘Chisora will give Usyk problems’
- Fury expects to fight Joshua x 2 next year, but not overlooking Wilder
- Arum responds to Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury RUMORS
- Tyson vs. Holyfield 3 Preview
- Ryan Garcia: Jorge Linares fight ISN’T happening
- Saunders: Canelo is in my WORLD inside an empty arena