Pacquiao-Marquez card has three decent fights for $54.95
By Chris Williams: For $54.95 on November 12th, you get to see Manny Pacquiao face Juan Manuel Marquez for the third time, Timothy Bradley vs. 40-year-old Joel Casamayor and Breidis Prescott vs. Mike Alvarado. The rest of the undercard is less than thrilling with a bunch of prospects fighting.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t this card is worth that kind of money. Look at the economy. We’re practically heading for a depression and they’re selling this for $54.95. I just see it being worth that much. Let’s look at this fight by fight and you tell me if it’s worth that kind of bank.
Pacquiao-Marquez: Manny already got beat by Marquez twice before but they didn’t give it to the talented Mexican. I can’t really see him getting the decision this time either unless he knocked Pacquiao out. There’s no suspense in this fight. Pacquiao has the size, the youth, the speed and the catchweight working for him. I see this as $7.50 fight due to all the advantages Pacquiao has and the advanced age of Marquez.
Bradley-Casamayor: Bradley is younger, faster and in his prime. Casmayor is 40, slower, fighting two division above his best weight class of super featherweight. Casamayor doesn’t belong at light welterweight and will lose badly. Casamayor has lost two out of his last four fights, and you can make that three out of his last five after November 12th. This fight isn’t worth being on a PPV card in my view. I see it as an ESPN fight, not even a regular HBO fight. Anytime you drag and old guy out and put him in with a champion bad things happen.
Prescott-Alvarado: Easily the best fight of the card, but not big enough to make this a $54.95 card. Prescott got jobbed when he recently went over to Ireland to fight Paul McCloskey and found himself losing by a 12 round decision. Prescott should have won the fight. Alvarado has got good power, but hasn’t been in a big with his career. At 31, he’s got to make his move. Still don’t see this as a PPV fight. It’s worthy of HBO, but not PPV in my view.
- Boxing’s Two Biggest Little Men in Willie Pep and Manny Pacquiao!
- Spence will be 95 to 100% for Pacquiao says Shawn Porter
- Keith Thurman: “Pacquiao is looking a little slower”
- Spence wants Crawford after Pacquiao, could be Ugas
- Boxing Results: Henderson Loses to Steen and Bocachica Draws with Bunch!
- Ryan Garcia vs. Joseph Diaz Jr possible for fall at Staples Center, Los Angeles
- Oscar De La Hoya dropping weight for Vitor Belfort clash on Sept.11th
- Terence Crawford expected to ink with PBC; Shawn Porter fight to go to purse bid