Barrera picks Pacquiao to knock Marquez out
By Chris Williams: Marco Antonio Barrera is picking WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38 KO’s) to beat Juan Manuel Marquez (53-5-1, 39 KO’s) in their fight on November 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Barrera, who has lost to both Pacquiao and Marquez, thinks Pacquiao’s youth, speed and size advantage will enable him to knock Marquez out.
However, Barrera sounds a little jaded because he was beaten by Marquez by a 12 round decision four years ago by the scores of 116-111, 116-111 and 118-109. Barrera thinks he won the fight, but few boxing fans agree with him.
Barrera said to examiner.com: “I think the prediction is that Manny Pacquiao is going to knock him out. The weight difference, and the age at 39-years-old [actually, Marquez is 38], while Pacquiao is 32-years-old.”
It’s really hard to listen to what Barrera has to say on this fight because he doesn’t feel happy with his loss to Marquez. I think it wasn’t even close, Barrera lost and he needs to get over it. The fight was one-sided and Marquez was the better man.
I do think that Pacquiao is the faster fighter, but his superior speed didn’t help him one bit in his two previous fights with Marquez. The Mexican fighter adjusted to Pacquiao’s speed and counter punched him over and over again in both fights. Nothing changes in that department on November 12th, and Pacquiao’s bigger weight hasn’t made him a better fighter. He’s clearly not as good as he was back then, as he can no longer move around the ring like he used to and his hand speed has slowed.
Barrera is thinking of fighting more time before wrapping up his career. At 38, he doesn’t have much left and will have to pick someone carefully to make sure he goes out on a winning note instead of a loss.
More Boxing News:
- Pacquiao inks new deal with Paradigm Sports, is Conor McGregor next up?
- Manny Pacquiao interested in Conor McGregor fight
- Mikey Garcia says he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao next 100%, not Conor McGregor
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Freddie Roach tells Conor Mcgregor, Pacquiao beats you easier than Hatton
- Boxing Results: Sergey Lipinets and Custio Clayton ends in 12-round draw
- Devin Haney reacts to Mayweather saying “too many belts”
- Hearn says Glowacki- Okolie and Ryder-Lemieux possible for Joshua-Pulev card on Dec.12
- Gervonta Davis: Teofimo Lopez’s win over Lomachenko wasn’t convincing
- Tyson Fury reaffirms he’s fighting on December 5th in London