Ward not pleased with Froch’s intimidation tricks
By Scott Gilfoid: Photo: Casino/Showtime – WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward isn’t amused with the mental games that WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch has been playing at their press conferences to promote their October 29th Super Six tourney finals fight. In the latest news, Froch has reportedly bumped Ward on more than one occasion, and squeezed his hand hard when the two shook.
Ward isn’t phased one bit by Froch’s weak attempts at scaring him, but it does show you how desperate Froch is. He probably realizes how sick his predicament is and is searching for any thing he can think of to try and get an edge. Against a weak-minded fighter Froch’s tricks might have an affect, but now with the mentally tough Ward. He’s amused but at the same time not pleased that Froch is bumping him.
Froch might not want to anger Ward because might get froggish and jump. I’d hate to see Froch get beat up before the fight. That would mess things up and maybe even cause the fight to have to be postponed while Froch licked his wounds. Froch needs to understand that intimidation doesn’t work with Ward.
If Froch wants to go intimidate someone he needs to go hunt down some lower level guy and give him the evil eye, squeeze the heck out of his hand and bump him around the ring. I’m sure Froch could clean up under those circumstances. He’d probably have the poor petrified and shaking by the time the fight started. But not with Ward. I’d be laughing my head off if Froch tried those primitive tricks with me. I wouldn’t be able to keep a straight face if he started gawking at me like a bird while squeezing my hand.
More Boxing News:
- ESPN Re-Signs Andre Ward to New Multi-Year Deal
- Froch says Mike Tyson could gas after 4 rounds against Roy Jones Jr
- Andre Ward takes a shot at Eddie Hearn
- Andre Ward To Advise Gabriel Flores Jr
- Andre Ward wants Terence Crawford to stay busy
- Canelo vs. Yildirim purse bid rescheduled for October 6
- Hearn says Whyte’s career will be “terminal” if he loses to Povetkin on Nov.21
- Erickson Lubin ready for Jermell Charlo rematch
- Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa reach an agreement for Nov.7 fight on DAZN
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk