Khan vs. Mayweather – Who would win?
By Anil Govind : So, my first ever post on this website after being asked an age ago. I decided on Amir Khan V Floyd Mayweather as a discussion point because it’s been in the news a lot recently, and would be a great fight to bring to England.
First off, will this fight happen?
I strongly believe it will, and before the Manny Pacquiao fight (if ever)! Mayweather has expressed his love for England on a numerous occasions and wants to fight there, Amir is naturally the perfect opponent for this fight who has recently raised is stock in America by a considerably amount. The other reason why I know this is going to happen is the money! Mayweather didn’t get the nick name “Money” Mayweather for nothing; he is not daft and knows what kind of revenue this would bring!
Fighter breakdown – Amir Khan (26-1-18 knockouts)
– Powerful (Much more so than we he first started out)
– Young and Hungry!
– Great Team
After Khan’s defeat, (which I saw live) he rebuilt, and throughout his rebuilding process he was criticized for facing weaker opponents (me included), but of late no one can say he is ducking anyone. Marcos Madaina and Zab Judah were great tests, both of which he passed and earned him a lot of respect in America.
Khan is ready for this fight; he even says it himself, Bradley is ducking him and needs to move up to welterweight and have a tune up ready for the big showdown. (My thoughts for this is Kell Brook)
Fighter breakdown – Floyd “Money” Mayweather (41-0-25)
– Master of the art
– Defensive Genius
– Great at kidology (He proved this against numerous fighters especially against Ricky Hatton)
We all know how good Floyd is, if you don’t YouTube his highlight reel. He is the most talented fighter in the world and has been top of his game for years. He is not weathered from hard fights and always seems to find the answer to every style. If anything Floyd is too perfect, which is why most people don’t like him, plus his brash money talk doesn’t help! But if you say you’re the greatest and back it up, who can argue!?
Conclusion, and the winner is…
Khan on points!
A bold statement but one I can back up. The fight will be won on speed and movement and Khan has definitely got the advantage on this one. Mayweather’s counters will be the main concern for Khan but if Roach gets him set on his game plan I can see this happening. (The Oscar De La Hoya fight was close; Roach knows how to beat him but just didn’t have the fighter, now he has two potentials!).
Mayweather showed signs of ring rust early on in the Shane Mosely fight, and was so close to going down. I’ve never seen Floyd like that before? Perhaps it was a lucky shot, because afterwards he dominated, but it was a chink in the armour.
Bottom line is I think it would be a great fight and massively close but Khan Wins this one and is the new king!
Final note: We will have a much better idea of what would happen after the Ortiz Vs Mayweather fight, I’m certain Mayweather will win, I think it’s a little too early for Ortiz, and Mayweather knows it!
Follow me on Twitter: @anilgovind1983
More Boxing News:
- Teofimo Lopez reacts to Mayweather fighting Logan Paul
- Logan Paul not denying Floyd Mayweather fight happening
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Conor McGregor says he carried Floyd Mayweather 3 years ago
- Oleksandr Usyk: “Dereck Chisora, I’m coming for you”
- Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook close to being finalized for Nov. 14th
- Thurman still mentally struggling from his loss to Pacquiao
- Pedraza vs. Molina & Efe Ajagba vs. Jonnie Rice -official weights
- Erickson Lubin 153 3/4 vs. Terrell Gausha 153 – Weigh-in results