Pacquiao tried to impress against Mosley but got a bad case of the cramps
By Dave Lahr: If only Manny Pacquiao didn’t get a bad case of the cramps, he would have surely knocked out 39-year-old Shane Mosley. This is one of many excuses for Pacquiao’s terrible fight with Mosley. This was supposed to be an exciting fight and Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach was talking long and hard, predicting a knockout as usual for Pacquiao. This was yet another opponent that was supposed to be exciting opponent, just as Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito was supposed to. They didn’t and I knew they wouldn’t.
This is what happens when you pick out weak opposition, throw them in with Pacquiao to keep him winning and then expect the fight to be good. A case of the cramps, eh? Oh boy, I’ve heard them all now. If Pacquiao didn’t get the cramps in his left leg, he would have knocked Mosley out, says Pacquiao’s fans. Have you ever heard of old age? I think it’s starting to set in with Pacquiao. When you old, you start getting these little aches and pains and I suppose the cramps. This is too funny. So it was the cramps that caused the fight to be horrible.
Oh yeah, also Mosley didn’t want to stand in one place and let Pacquiao beat on him like the stationary fodder that has been fed to him in the past three years. Why should Mosley just stand their like the other victims? Isn’t this boxing? It wasn’t Mosley’s fault that the fight wasn’t exciting. If Pacquiao was a better fighter and could cut off the ring and still get around without being waylaid with a bad case of the cramps, he would have made it an exciting fight. But the mind was willing but the flesh was weak I suppose.
More Boxing News:
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- Manny Pacquiao adviser hints Mikey Garcia next for him
- Floyd Mayweather: Pacquiao fights because he has to, I fight because I want to
- Erislandy Lara fights on August 29 on FOX in Los Angeles
- Devin Haney intrigued by Adrien Broner fight
- Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev to fight in December with fans or without
- Leo Santa Cruz plans on burying Tank Davis with pressure on Oct.24
- Canelo Alvarez’s first choice is Callum Smith says Eddie Hearn