Maidana says he’ll finish off Khan in England
By Scott Gilfoid: Argentinian knockout artist Marcos Maidana (29-2, 27 KO’s) is ready right now to travel to England and put WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (24-1, 17 KO’s) out of his misery in a rematch that almost boxing fans, including HBO, are interested in seeing. Khan had been talking about wanting to fight little known UK fighter Paul McCloskey, but that fight fell through earlier today because of Khan’s low offer.
But now that McCloskey is out of the way, Maidana is ready to beat up Khan in a rematch. Maidana put Khan through 12 rounds of pain and suffering in their fight in December, leaving Khan mass of bruised and swollen tissue at the end of the fight. Khan may not be the same fighter after the beating he took in that bout, and Maidana is ready to finish Khan off in front of his British fans.
In his twitter account, Maidana said this to Khan: “Should be less ambition and to think bigger. I would go to England to finish what I left of him in Las Vegas.”
There it is. Maidana is ready knock Khan out and give him another beating. If Khan is confident and believes in himself, he’ll take the fight because this is the opponent that he needs to face if he wants to become a star. Khan isn’t going to become a star on the cheap by beating up the likes of McCloskey, Paulie Malignaggi and Dimitri Salita. Khan has to man up and show that he can beat Maidana this time without the referee literally pulling Maidana off of Khan while he’s getting pummeled on the ropes.
More Boxing News:
- Hearn: ‘Don’t think you’ll see Kell Brook in the ring again’
- Amir Khan: Kell Brook can end Terence Crawford’s reign
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia – preview
- Video: Mike Tyson vs Jones Jr – Thoughts on the recent Exhibition
- Live Stream: Canelo Alvarez – Callum Smith DAZN Press Conference
- Boxing Results: Saunders schools Murray in one-sided 12 round decision