Hatton to enter rehab clinic for cocaine addition
By Sean McDaniel: Former IBF light welterweight champion Ricky Hatton (45-2, 32 KO’s) is reportedly going to be entering a rehab clinic for cocaine addition this week, according to boxing news from the Mirror.co.uk. Hatton, 31, was caught snorting seven lines of what appeared to be cocaine in a video given to the site News of the World. The incident took place two weeks ago in a Hotel in Manchester, England. Hatton was observed chopping up the white power with his credit card and then snorting seven lines in front of a video camera.
According to the Mirror, Hatton has told his girlfriend Jennifer Dooley, saying “I’ve been an idiot and I’m so sorry and ashamed. I need and want to sort myself out.”
Hatton, who looks to have put on at least 60 pounds since his last fight against Manny Pacquiao a year ago in May, has reportedly been using cocaine for almost a year – says the Mirror – after he lost to Pacquiao by 2nd round knockout.
It’s unclear whether the rehab clinic will be focusing only on cocaine or other drugs, such as alcohol. Hatton was said to have drank at least 11 pints of Guinness on the same night, along with four glasses of vodka and two glasses of wine. Needless to say, this is a huge amount of alcohol to drink for a person who stands only 5’6”. Hatton might want to get help in this area as well, because drinking can be just as serious a problem as cocaine if a person is overdoing it.
Judging by the high amount of alcoholic beverages Hatton drank on that night, I think it’s something Hatton might need a tad bit of help with. His weight has ballooned from a slender 140 to over 200 pounds in the past year, and all of that weight can’t be attributed to Hatton just eating well. Drinking has a part in it.
More Boxing News:
- Nathan Gorman: “Dubois Not The Force People Think He Is”
- Ricky Hatton talks Josh Warrington vs Kid Galahad
- Hatton: Gorman can get to where Tyson Fury is
- Hatton: Tyson Fury beats Deontay Wilder all day long
- Hatton picks Joshua to defeat Parker
- Malignaggi: ‘They did Golovkin DIRTY in first 2 Canelo fights’
- Joshua could fight Ruiz a third time – Hearn
- Brook: ‘I’m the guy to beat Crawford’
- Caleb Plant looking sharp training
- Canelo vs. BJ Saunders not likely to happen