News – Pacquiao agrees to drug tests for Mayweather bout
By Peter Wells: The news we’ve all been waiting for is finally here, as Manny Pacquiao has agreed to drug tests for a bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Earlier this year the mega fight was canceled due to Pacquiao refusing to take the tests that Mayweather wanted of him. But after both fighters have fought and won since, Pacquiao is willing to take the tests. He will take the blood tests 14 days before the fight, but has some requests of his own. Though is willing to give blood as close as 2 days before the fight.
Pacquiao said that, “I have agreed to it, but they should not draw much blood. They should only take what is necessary for the drug test”. Pacquiao added, “He will no longer have a reason (to not fight), let’s see if that is really the reason.”
It is now down to Mayweather to agree and hopefully everything else will go smoothly, if not then Pacquiao is likely to end his career against Antonio Margarito. After Mayweather fought Shane Mosley it is highly doubtful he will duck Manny, and for boxing fans sake, make it happen. The fight is expected to be in November and Manny has suggested it’ll be his final fight. If it is then a win would secure him a legend, while Mayweather insists he wants to clear out the Welterweight division before he retires.
More Boxing News:
- Keith Thurman: I DESERVE a rematch with Manny Pacquiao
- Keith Thurman: Spence is going to have to see me at 147 or leave the division
- Floyd Mayweather Jr hinting about an exhibition fight in 2020
- Jose Ramirez: Mikey Garcia hits harder than Manny Pacquiao
- Mikey Garcia: ‘Manny Pacquiao WANTS a fight with me’
- Vasily Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez looking shaky for October 3
- Hearn offered 4 options to Canelo Alvarez, still NO reply
- Marriaga vs. Yap CANCELLED; Felix Verdejo and Will Madera make weight
- Artur Beterbiev vs. Fanlong Meng on September 25 in Ekaterinburg in Russia
- Chris Arreola has NO sympathy for Andy Ruiz Jr