Pacquiao: “I have more than one plan going into this fight”
By Manuel Perez: Manny Pacquiao is suddenly getting kind of bold as his fight with Miguel Cotto approaches. “I have more than one plan going into this fight. Master Freddie Roach has taught me well and I am prepared for anything that Miguel Cotto has to offer,” Pacquiao said in an article at Sky Sports. Wow! Pacquiao is really standing up on his hind legs and opening his trap like there’s no tomorrow.
I wonder if Roach put Pacquiao up to it? Pacquiao needs to zip his lip and focus on the fight. He’s only going to make it worse by talking to the media like this. Cotto, I’d be willing to guess, is keeping a mental score about how badly he’s been underestimated by Roach and Pacquiao, and by the time he enters the ring this Saturday night, Cotto will be ready to barbecue Pacquiao and eat him. There’s not going to be any mercy from Cotto in this fight.
This probably isn’t even going to be sporting. Pacquiao is going to go out there thinking he’s facing Ricky Hatton or Oscar De La Hoya and will get his head taken off at the shoulders by Cotto.
Pacquiao says “I have studied all of his [Cotto] tapes, and I feel like I know him like I know myself. It’s going to be a great fight between two great fighters.”
Pacquiao will attack like always and be looking to throw his right hook when Cotto comes after him. Pacquiao is so predictable with his right hook. If it was me, I’d block it and fire a right hand back at him. This is what Cotto will be doing.
“I feel stronger at this weight than I ever have. My punches are harder,” Pacquiao says. That sounds like Pacquiao is practicing a mantra. Well, maybe if Pacquiao repeats it enough he can get to a point of ultimate tranquility can get a good nights rest. Believe me, Pacquiao’s punches will be no harder than usual. He’ll be slower because of the added weight. That won’t help Pacquiao at all.
More Boxing News:
- Jose Ramirez: Mikey Garcia hits harder than Manny Pacquiao
- Mikey Garcia: ‘Manny Pacquiao WANTS a fight with me’
- Mikey Garcia has Manny Pacquiao at top of his list for his next opponent
- Amir Khan denies being put DOWN by Manny Pacquiao in sparring
- Golovkin will HURT Pacquiao says trainer Abel Sanchez
- Should Terence Crawford move back down to 140lbs?
- Emanuel Navarrete set to move up to 126
- Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez moved to October 3 in Las Vegas
- Ryan Garcia dares Golden Boy to RELEASE him if they don’t believe in his abilities
- Floyd Mayweather Jr hinting about an exhibition fight in 2020