I will quit writing if Pacquiao beats Cotto
By Liam Santiago: I am sticking by the statement I made a couple of weeks back. If Miguel Cotto loses to Manny Pacquiao on November 14th, I will never write another boxing article. If Pacquiao can, somehow, pull off the win, it will be a very emotional day. Tears will flow. However, anyone with a decent knowledge of boxing will understand, the odds are stacked against Pac-Man.
Lets remember, Cotto will not be coming into this fight dehydrated, ”dead at the weight”, like De La Hoya was. He will not have a useless trainer in his corner, who will destroy his mental focus and preparation, like Hatton did. And, by what I hear, he will not peak three weeks prior to the fight, like Hatton did. Cotto has a much better defence than Hatton, he has a great jab and under rated speed. The Puerto Rican phenomenon also hits like a beast. His power is out of this world.
Yes, Cotto was stopped by Margarito, and stopped badly. But lets not forget, Margarito was 6ft and had iron in his gloves (or something similar). When Margarito was caught for these ‘substances’, prior to fighting Shane Mosley, he was nott he same. Mosley knocked him out. Mosley, has been beaten my Cotto. I just think that the power of Cotto might spark memories of Rustico Torrecampo and Medgeon Singsurat. Never heard of them names? They both knocked Pacquiao out in three rounds.
However, in boxing you never know. Pacquiao might pull off the biggest win of his career and my career as a boxing writer will end. Cotto has to drop two pounds from his usual weight limit so that might play a part. Maybe the Pacquiao camp are hoping to fight Cotto and beat him like they beat Oscar De La Hoya, through weight demands. However, after the bout, I will not go back on my word, if Pacquiao ”the warrior’ wins, I will never write another boxing article again.
More Boxing News:
- Pacquiao inks new deal with Paradigm Sports, is Conor McGregor next up?
- Manny Pacquiao interested in Conor McGregor fight
- Mikey Garcia says he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao next 100%, not Conor McGregor
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Freddie Roach tells Conor Mcgregor, Pacquiao beats you easier than Hatton
- Let’s be honest about Vasily Lomachenko
- Lomachenko has undergone shoulder surgery following loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Lomachenko vs. Lopez peaked at around 3 million viewers on ESPN
- Dave Allen needs new opponent, Christian Hammer tests for COVID 19
- Teofimo Lopez – Bob Arum lists options for his next fight in 2021