Boxing News - Latest Headlines

Tyson Fury Stops Zeller – News

fury32242By Nate Anderson: In an impressive display of raw punching power, British heavyweight prospect Tyson Fury (2-0, 2 KOs) stopped German Marcel Zeller (21-4, 20 KOs) in the 3rd round of a scheduled six-round bout tonight at the Robin Park Centre, Wigan, in Lancashire. Fury, 20, hurt Zeller with a right hook to the head in the 3rd and then landed a series of right hands to the body and head as Zeller tried to cover up against the ropes.

After Fury hit Zeller with a final fast three punch to the head, the fight was stopped by the referee. Fury looked very impressive in the fight, blasting Zeller with huge hooks and uppercuts from the 1st round on and looking like a young version of George Foreman in the process. Fury looked quite impressive in the fight, showing the ability to fight going backwards when attacked.

Even more impressive, was his ability to throw uppercuts with power while backing up. His defense was quite good, although he didn’t have too many punches thrown his way because he was keeping Zeller busy dealing with his constant incoming fire.

In the 1st round, Fury came out fast, attacking Zeller fiercely with hooks to the body and uppercuts to the head. Zeller immediately backed up to the ropes, covering up and trying to wait out Fury’s fast start. That was a bad mistake on Zeller’s part, because Fury began to unload on his with huge body shots, some of the best body shot’s I’ve seen from a heavyweight in years.

Fury added in short uppercuts to the head, snapping Zeller’s head back violently each time one of the 6’7″ Fury would land a big jarring uppercut. Incredibly, Zeller stood tall and bravely took one huge shot after another without going down. At one point, Zeller, now red-faced from getting hit so hard, began waiving Fury in, as if he wanted to take more punishment.

Fury was quick to oblige, now landing big right hooks to the head and lefts to the body. Near the end of the round, Fury began to look punched out from having expended so much energy in the first two minutes of the round. He then began measuring Zeller with his long left and nailing him with long right hands to the head. Zeller came off the ropes and tries to attack Fury, but he was unable to land anything as Fury skillfully backed away while punching at the same time. The round ended with Fury again nailing Zeller with uppercuts to the head and overhand rights.

In the 2nd round, Fury was still somewhat tired from all the punches he had thrown in the previous round and took it easy on Zeller in the first minute of the round, hitting him with jabs and pawing right hands. Fury once again began to measure Zeller and land jarring right hands. Jabbing and land right hands, Fury pounded away on Zeller with huge shots.

Zeller tried to attack but Fury nimbly stepped backwards to avoid his bull-like attack hitting him with right hands as he stepped away. In the last minute of the round, Fury started loading up with his shots once again, blasting Zeller with huge right uppercuts to the head and powerful combinations as Zeller stood with his back to the ropes trying to cover up.

In the 3rd round, Fury jumped all over Zeller in the first 30 seconds of the round, hurting Zeller with a left hook to the head and a right hand that strayed a little low. The referee briefly stopped the action to give Fury a warning about keeping his punches up, while Zeller took the opportunity to go down to the canvas to try and recover from the low blow.

Zeller seemed very upset at the low blow, even though it was a borderline shot and hardly a shot that one could consider low. After the action resumed, Fury again attacked Zeller hard with combinations and uppercuts. Zeller then retreated to the corner for a last stand, and began to eat huge uppercuts and hooks to the head.

Fury seemed to hurt Zeller with a big right uppercut and right hand, jarring his head from side to side with each punch. After again hurting him with a right to the head a right to the body, Zeller suddenly dropped his hands in disgust and looked at the referee, as if to let him know that another punch had strayed low.

Fury then took the opportunity to hit Zeller with a short three-punch combination to the head, at which point the referee stepped in and halted the fight with Zeller standing and looking red-faced and angry.

Comments are closed.

Related Boxing News:
Subscribe (Free!)

Boxing News FB Boxing News Twitter Boxing News INstagram Boxing News 24 Youtuber Mail

Privacy Statement l TOS & Cookies Policy l Back To Top l Contact Us