Boxing News - Latest Headlines


Miguel Cotto Boxing News

Miguel Cotto vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa a possibility

By Dan Ambrose: Miguel Cotto and former IBF/WBA featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa are reportedly close to a deal for a fight on HBO, according to Fight News. Former four division world champion Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs), who now fights at junior middleweight, has been targeting a lot of smaller fighters lately to try and setup […]

Margarito wants Canelo or Cotto next

By Dan Ambrose: After beating Ramon “Inocente” Alvarez (23-5-2, 15 KOs) by a 10 round split decision, former IBF/WBA/WBO welterweight champion Antonio “Tijuana Tornado” Margarito (40-8, 27 KOs) called out Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Miguel Cotto for fights. Margarito, 38, feels he rates a fight against one of these two stars despite the fact that […]

Miguel Cotto vs. Juan Manuel Marquez fight won’t be happening

By Dan Ambrose: Unfortunately for 35-year-old former four division world champion Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs), he was unable to negotiate a fight against the soon to be 43-year-old Juan Manuel Marquez (56-7-1, 40 KOs) for a fight that would have taken place in December. The two fighters couldn’t agree on the weight for the […]

Arum working hard at promoting Crawford vs. Postol

By Jeff Aranow: Top Rank promoter Bob Arum is hoping for success on Saturday night for his Terence Crawford vs. Viktor Postol card at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. Arum’s major problem is that the Crawford-Postol fight is on HBO pay-per-view, and unfortunately neither of these guys is PPV worthy fighters. Crawford, 28, […]

Hearn says Cotto’s promoter turned down Brook fight

By Patrick McHugh: Roc Nation Sports, the promoters for former four-division world champion Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs), turned down a summer fight against IBF welterweight champion Kell “Special K” Brook (36-0, 25 KOs), according to his promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport. Hearn said that the plan was for Brook and Cotto to fight […]

Miguel Cotto to fight in 2016

By Dan Ambrose: Former four division world champion Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs) will soon be making a return to the ring in 2016 against an opponent still to be determined. It’s been eight months since the 35-year-old Cotto last fought in losing his WBC middleweight title to Saul “Canelo” Avarez by a 12 round […]

Marquez still wants Cotto at 147

By Dan Ambrose: If Miguel Cotto wants the fight against 42-year-old Juan Manuel Marquez (56-7-1, 40 KOs) this year, then he’s going to need to lose some water weight and/or muscle to get down to 147, because that’s the highest the Mexican warrior is willing to go. Marquez does not want to fight Cotto above […]

Miguel Cotto still with no opponent for fall

By Dan Ambrose: It’s starting to look more and more like former four division world champion Miguel Cotto won’t be fighting in 2016. The 35-year-old Cotto had been looking to fight 43-year-old Juan Manuel Marquez next, but that fight has proven to be an elusive one for the Puerto Rican star. Marquez wants Cotto to […]

Marquez doesn’t want Cotto fight at 150lbs

By Dan Ambrose: Juan Manuel Marquez (56-7-1, 40 KOs) and former four-division world champion Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs) are negotiating on a catch-weight for a fight between them. Marquez does not wish to fight Cotto at a catch-weight of 150 pounds, because he sees that as a lot of weight for him. It seems […]

Golden Boy executive says Canelo’s options wide open for September 17

By Allan Fox: Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) are looking to reserve several venues for their No.1 money fighter Saul “Canelo” Alvarez for his next fight on September 17. Earlier on Thursday, Golden Boy booked the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. They’re also looking to reserve Madison Square Garden in New York, and the giant […]

Follow

Search
Social
Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Privacy Statement l Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Contact Us