Boxing News - Latest Headlines


Canelo vs. Golovkin 2

Gary O’Sullivan added to Canelo vs. Golovkin II undercard

By Sean Jones: Middleweight contender Gary ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan has officially been added to the televised portion of the undercard of the Saul Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin undercard on September 15 on HBO pay-per-view at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. O’Sullivan, 33, doesn’t have an opponent picked out, but former IBF 160 […]

Canelo says Golovkin only cares about money

By Juan Flores: Saul Canelo Alvarez says he’s annoyed by Gennady Golovkin and his team because they were focused so intently on money during the recent negotiations rather than respect. Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) says he doesn’t understand why GGG is upset at him, considering that he gave him his biggest payday of his career.… […]

Abel Sanchez angry with Canelo, says he’s acting like a diva

By Sean Jones: Abel Sanchez thinks Saul Canelo Alvarez is acting like he’s too good to help promote the September 15th rematch with Gennady Golovkin with his decision not to take part in face offs programs and news conference to announce the fight. Sanchez says Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) says he’s robbing the fans by […]

GGG: Canelo didn’t deserve me to give him 5 or 7 percent, I lost respect for him

By Sean Jones: Gennady Golovkin says he was ready to walk away from the negotiations with Saul Canelo Alvarez if he didn’t get the 55-45 percentage that he was asking for. Golovkin eventually got what he wanted, but he says he lose respect for Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) after him testing positive for clenbuterol twice […]

O’Sullivan says he could fight Canelo-GGG 2 winner

By Scott Gilfoid: Gary ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan says he’ll be fighting on the undercard of the rematch between Gennady Golovkin and Saul Canelo Alvarez on September 15, and that he’s supposedly in line to fight the winner of that fight. At least that’s what the 33-year-old O’Sullivan is saying. O’Sullivan (28-2, 20 KOs) says he still […]

Canelo-GGG II negotiations begin next week

By Sean Jones: Negotiations for a rematch between Saul Canelo Alvarez and three-belt middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin will begin next week for a rematch on September 15. That’s the fight that both fighters want next. … Read

Abel Sanchez says Canelo was cheating with hand-wraps

By Jim Dower: Last weekend, Abel Sanchez said Saul Canelo Alvarez was using a stacking technique for his hand-wraps for his fight against Gennady Golovkin last September that was illegal. Sanchez says the “illegal” hand-wrapping of Canelo’s hands creates a cast out of his hand and it becomes a weapon.… Read

Sanchez: Canelo not enrolling in drug testing program puts GGG fight farther away

By Dan Ambrose: Gennady Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez says the rematch with Saul Canelo Alvarez is farther away today than it should be due to the Mexican star not having enrolled in a drug testing program since he was given a 6-month suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission last month on April 18 after […]

De La Hoya says Canelo Alvarez will fight in September & December

By Dan Ambrose: Oscar De La Hoya says Saul Canelo Alvarez will STILL fight twice this year despite his 6-month suspension for clenbuterol, and he plans on having the 27-year-old Golden Boy Promotions star fight in September and December. … Read

Golovkin says Canelo rematch has 10% chance of happening

By Dan Ambrose: Gennady Golovkin has doubts that he’ll be fighting Saul Canelo Alvarez on September 15, according to Yahoo Sports News. Golovkin gives it only a 10% chance that he’ll be fighting Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) on September 15. … Read

Newsletter

The views expressed in all articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of BoxingNews24 or its affiliates.

Privacy Statement l Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Boxing Resources l Contact Us