Aydin needs to dump Adam Booth
By Scott Gilfoid: Welterweight knockout artist Selcuk Aydin (23-2, 17 KO’s) looked worse than he ever has before in losing by a 10 round majority decision to the good but VERY beatable Jesus Soto-Karass (27-8-3, 17 KO’s) at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Aydin looked completely lost with his new trainer Adam Booth.
Under Booth’s guidance, Aydin went from an exciting slugger to a cautious boxer/puncher, and he looked just awful in making that transformation. Aydin was much better before with his previous trainer, I think. I don’t know what Booth was trying to transform Aydin into, but sure didn’t work because he looked completely befuddled out there.
If I’m Aydin, I’m giving Booth the boot this morning and either looking for a new trainer or going back with the previous one he had. Aydin can still be a good fighter as a pure slugger, but he just needs to throw more combinations and to stay in close with his taller opponents.
You can’t take a talent like Aydin and try and make a boxer or a mover like David Haye or George Groves. That wasn’t going to work, and you could see it from the first round. I don’t know why Booth didn’t have the presence of mind to tell Aydin to forget everything and just go back to his slugging style.
Had he done that early in the fight, I have no doubts Aydin would have won the fight. The Aydin that lost to Robert Guerrero would have knocked out Soto-Karass by the 6th. What a mess Aydin turned out to be with Booth guiding him.
The judges scored the fight 97-93, 95-95 and 97-93, but let’s be honest that fight was way more one-sided than the judges scores. Those guys were being way too kind on Aydin because I have him losing pretty much every round of the fight.
I think Aydin would be better off with a more offensive trainer that teaches his fighters to go after his opponents. I think someone like Freddie Roach would be good because look how good Manny Pacquiao was all these years with him training him. Aydin needs someone like that to get him back to his old style of fighting, and also to get him to start throwing combinations instead of single pot shots.
More Boxing News:
- Jesus Soto Karass vs. Neeco Macias – RESULTS
- Juan Carlos Abreu stops Jesus Soto Karass
- Juan Carlos Abreu vs. Jesus Soto Karass – Results
- Jesus Soto Karass vs. Juan Carlos Abreu quotes
- Jesus Soto Karass vs. Juan Carlos Abreu on Nov.2
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey
- Canelo Alvarez: Who will he fight next on September 12th?
- Oscar De La Hoya frustrated with Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell negotiations
- Roy Jones Jr looking sharp in training for Mike Tyson