Fury-Boytsov to be WBC heavyweight title eliminator
By Scott Gilfoid: The December 1st clash between unbeaten Tyson Fury (19-0, 14 KO’s) and Denis Boytsov (31-0, 25 KO’s) will reportedly be a World Boxing Council heavyweight title eliminator with the winner of the fight becoming the mandatory challenger for WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko.
It sounds good, right? It might not be if Fury wins because I kind of doubt that he’ll agree to fight Vitali next year. It would be too much of a mismatch due to Fury’s lack of power, experience, talent and boxing skills. He’s too rough and needs A LOT of work on his nonexistent power before facing someone as good as Vitali.
The Fury vs. Boytsov fight will be taking place at the Odyssey Arena, in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. I think the fight would do a lot better if it were to take place in England, but Belfast seems to be where Fury wants it to be for some reason.
Fury is going to have his hands full with Boystov because he doesn’t match up well at all with the tough Russian warrior. This guy punches a lot harder than Fury, and he’s got the best amateur boxing background. Fury is one of those raw fighters that turned pro and is essentially picking up amateur experience as a pro fighting weak opposition.
He’s improved a lot since he went life and death with John McDermott in winning a controversial decision over him in September 2009, but Fury still remains a very flawed fighter that really needs a lot more boxing experience before he cuts his teeth against the Klitschkos for the first – and likely last – time.
Fury is going to be getting hit hard in this fight against Boytsov and I think we’re going to see a really big tree falling on December 1st with Fury hitting the canvas real hard. But the positive from this is that Fury can start from scratch and learn how to fight the proper way.
More Boxing News:
- Oleksandr Usyk and Joe Joyce close to a deal for interim WBO title
- DiBella picks Tyson Fury over Anthony Joshua in competitive fight
- Bob Arum says Joshua vs. Fury contract exchanges to begin this week
- Bellew: Joshua knocks out Fury within 6 rounds
- Josh Taylor beats Jose Ramirez predicts Regis Prograis
- Logan Paul explains reason why Floyd Mayweather exhibition bout postponed
- Ryan Garcia: I got to put Gervonta Davis to the side
- David Benavidez vs. Ronald Ellis on March 13th on Showtime