News – Hatton: “I Was Winning the 2nd Round Against Pacquiao By a Mile”
By Liam “The Boxing Expert” Santiago: In a recent interview with Sky sports news, the Manchester warrior Ricky Hatton claimed that he was winning the second round against Pacquiao “by a mile.” I absolutely agree with the big punching pressure fighter and only for that one lucky blow that Pacquiao landed, who knows what would have happened? Hatton said, “I was winning the second round by a mile until that punch landed, which is amazing given I suffered two knockdowns in the previous round. That hook would have knocked out a horse.”
Hatton also commented on his terrible training camp and claimed that had a big impact on the result. He said, “I knew I had peaked to soon, sparring had gone really badly. As I was walking to the ring, I was thinking you’ve peaked to soon here Ricky, and I knew one big punch could knock Pacquiao out.” You have to admit, going into a mega bout like this in that physical condition with a trainer showing very little interest, it’s going to have a major affect.
Ricky also went onto comment on his boxing future. He claims if the Pacquiao or Mayweather rematch was ever offered, they are the kind of bouts he would take. “I’m not going to come back and fight eight rounders, I want the big fights. At the moment I am going to have a complete rest. I have crammed 48 fights into 13 years and they have been wars. I have been beat by the two best pound for pound fighters in the world. My hero Roberto Duran was knocked out in the third round. We have never seen a more shocking knock out and he went on to become a world champion again. Maybe I can do that.”
On behalf of boxingnews24, I would like to wish Hatton all the best for the future.
More Boxing News:
- Pacquiao inks new deal with Paradigm Sports, is Conor McGregor next up?
- Manny Pacquiao interested in Conor McGregor fight
- Mikey Garcia says he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao next 100%, not Conor McGregor
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Freddie Roach tells Conor Mcgregor, Pacquiao beats you easier than Hatton
- Let’s be honest about Vasily Lomachenko
- Lomachenko has undergone shoulder surgery following loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Lomachenko vs. Lopez peaked at around 3 million viewers on ESPN
- Dave Allen needs new opponent, Christian Hammer tests for COVID 19
- Teofimo Lopez – Bob Arum lists options for his next fight in 2021