Boxing News - Latest Headlines

title Canelo vs. Golovkin = 50-50 fight says Guerrero


By Dan Ambrose: Welterweight contender Robert Guerrero says he sees the potential fight between middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs) and Golden Boy star Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) as a 50-50 fight that could go either way at this point.

Guerrero bases his opinion on how Canelo and Golovkin looked in their last two fights. Guerrero saw how Golovkin was hit a lot in his recent fight against welterweight Kell Brook on September 10 last month. Read the rest of this entry »

title Demetrius Andrade battles Jack Culcay on 11/5


By Eric Baldwin: #1 WBA Demetrius Andrade (23-0, 16 KOs) will be facing undefeated WBA junior middleweight champion Jack Culcay (22-1, 11 KOs) on November 5 at the MBS Arena in Potsdam, Germany.

Andrade, 28, is going to be going into foreign territory to fight the German based 31-year-old Culcay, and he may need a knockout in order to leave the Arena with Culcay’s title in his possession. It’s still unclear which television network will show the Andrade vs. Culcay fight if any. Read the rest of this entry »

title Joshua’s December 10th fight televised by Showtime


By Scott Gilfoid: IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua’s December 10th fight will be televised by Showtime Boxing in the U.S, which isn’t all that surprising news, because the British fighter was recently signed by the network to a multi-fight deal. However, Showtime will be taking a gamble in showing the 6’6” Joshua’s fight, because they still don’t know who the opponent will be for him.

According to Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn, the list of candidates for his December 10 fight is down to these three options: David Price, Eric Molina and Bryant Jennings. Those are not exactly world beaters. Read the rest of this entry »

title Will Kell Brook duck Errol Spence Jr. fight?


By Scott Gilfoid: IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook (36-1, 25 KOs) has been talking about wanting to fight everybody lately but the guy that he’s supposed to be facing in #1 IBF mandatory challenger Errol Spence Jr. (21-0, 18 KOs).

The International Boxing Federation is supposed to be giving Brook and Spence their marching orders on October 26th. It’ll be interesting to see if the IBF followed through with that or if they’re going to wait awhile for Brook to finish licking his wounds from his 5th round knockout loss to the talented wrecking machine Gennady “GGG” Golovkin last September. Read the rest of this entry »

title Shannon Briggs unhappy with David Haye


By Scott Gilfoid:” Shannon Briggs says he’s unhappy with British heavyweight David Haye, as feels that he’s not a man of his word by him failing to give him a fight after he agreed to fight on his undercard last May at the O2 Arena in London, England.

The 44-year-old Briggs thought that by fighting on Haye’s undercard, he would then get a fight against him. However, Haye hasn’t given Briggs a fight, and it’s unclear if he ever will. Haye recently said that a fight between him and Briggs would need to be on pay-per-view, because the interest isn’t there. Read the rest of this entry »

title Mayweather-Pacquiao rematch possible says CBS executive

Floyd Mayweather

By Allan Fox: CBS chairman and chief executive Leslie Moonves reportedly believes a rematch between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao is possible, according to the LA Times. Moonves told Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach he thinks the rematch can take place. Roach and Pacquiao both want a second chance at Mayweather after losing a 12 round decision last year in May in the ‘fight of the century in 2015.

Thus far, the 39-year-old Mayweather has been consistent in his decision not to fight Pacquiao again despite the huge amount of money he could make from the fight. Mayweather is currently promoting and doing a lot of traveling. He’s obviously making money in his promotional efforts and with his investments, but he can make far more by facing Pacquiao a second time. Read the rest of this entry »

title Robert Guerrero wants Pacquiao-Vargas winner

1-Guerrero vs Peralta_08_27_2016_Fight_Andy Samuelson _ Premier Boxing Champions12

By Dan Ambrose: The struggling former two division world champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero (33-5-1, 18 KOs) says he’s hoping to face Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 KOs) if he gets past World Boxing Organization welterweight champion Jessie Vargas (27-1, 10 KOs) in their fight on November 5 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Guerrero says he wants the big names like Pacquiao and Danny Garcia. However, Guerrero is coming off of a 12 round split decision loss to former Argentinian taxi driver David Peralta (26-2-1, 14 KOs) last August at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Read the rest of this entry »

title Eric Molina vs. Anthony Joshua likely for December 10


By Scott Gilfoid: IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua could be facing WBC champion Deontay Wilder’s leftovers in facing Eric Molina in his next fight on December 10 at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. That’s the name that is being mentioned for Joshua.

Molina, 34, still hasn’t been officially named as Joshua’s next opponent, but he’s expected to. It won’t be the greatest news for the boxing world if that’s who Joshua winds up fighting. I hate to say it, but this going to be a step down for Joshua from his last fight against Dominic Breazeale. Read the rest of this entry »

title Wladimir Klitschko wants Anthony Joshua in March or April 2017


By Scott Gilfoid: Former heavyweight champion Wladimir “Steel hammer” Klitschko (64-4, 53 KOs) says he’s not about to retire from boxing, and he’s very much interested in facing IBF heavyweight belt holder Anthony Joshua (17-0, 17 KOs) in March or April of 2017. The soon to be 41-year-old Klitschko thinks a fight between him and the 26-year-old Joshua will be the hugest fight at heavyweight in many years.

It’s a fight that would certainly give Wladimir and Joshua big paydays. However, it might under produce like the dud between Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis in 2002. There was a TREMENDOUS amount of hype before that fight, even though Tyson was clearly no longer the fighter he’d been in the late 1980s. As such, it was a fight that was 15 years too late. Read the rest of this entry »

title Arthur Abraham suffers injury, Martin Murray fight is off

1-abraham murray (1)

By Scott Gilfoid: In not surprising news, the soon to be 37-year-old former two division world champion Arthur Abraham (45-5, 30 KOs) has suffered an injury, and he won’t be able to fight a rematch against fringe contender Martin Murray (33-4-1, 16 KOs) on November 12 at Monte Carlo.

The German based Abraham suffered an injury during sparring, and won’t be able to fight the 34-year-old Murray in a rematch. It’s just as well, because it wasn’t a huge fight by any means, as Murray has lost two out of his last three fights. One of those loses was to Abraham in November of last year in losing a 12 round split decision. Read the rest of this entry »



Enter your email address:

Link To Us
please use above banner to link back to us!
Privacy Statement l Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Contact Us