Boxing News - Latest Headlines


Nevada State Athletic Commission

Dibella: Canelo ate tainted beef when he knows he’s not supposed to

By Dan Ambrose: Promoter Lou Dibella says Saul Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) ate tainted beef in Mexico when he knows he shouldn’t have.  → read full story

Golden Boy says Canelo Alvarez to fight on September 15

By Jeff Aranow: Saul Canelo Alvarez was given a 6-month suspension on Wednesday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for his two positive tests for clenbuterol.  → read full story

Canelo given 6-month suspension by Nevada State Athletic Commission

By Sean Jones: Earlier on Wednesday, Golden Boy Promotions superstar Saul Canelo Alvarez was given a 1-year suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in their Las Vegas hearing on his two doping tests for clenbuterol.  → read full story

Nevada Commission to meet with Canelo Alvarez on Wednesday

By Jim Dower: The Nevada State Athletic Commission will be conducting a hearing on Wednesday for the two positive tests for clenbuterol for Mexican star Saul Canelo Alvarez in Las Vegas.  → read full story

Angulo: I don’t believe Canelo

By Jeff Aranow: Alfredo Angulo says he doesn’t buy the excuse that Saul Canelo Alvarez has been making about him eating contaminated meat for why he tested positive for the banned substance clenbuterol last February.  → read full story

Has Canelo Alvarez done the right thing?

By Yannis Mihanos: Only a day ago Saul Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) announced in public his decision to pull out from the May 5th fight against Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) on HBO PPV at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.  → read full story

Canelo sounding bitter, says GGG is scared and doesn’t want the fight

By Jeff Aranow: Saul Canelo Alvarez mostly played it cool during on Tuesday at his press conference in cancelling his May 5th rematch with Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin.  → read full story

Canelo: “I have always been a clean fighter’

By Dan Ambrose: Saul Canelo Alvarez made it official on Tuesday in pulling out of his May 5th rematch against Gennady Golovkin at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.  → read full story

Canelo Alvarez withdraws from May 5th fight against Golovkin

By Jeff Aranow: Former two division world champion Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez has pulled out of his scheduled May 5th rematch with middleweight champion Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin.  → read full story

Sulaiman: Canelo cannot be found guilty of doping

By Dan Ambrose: WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman has weighed the facts in the case of Saul Canelo Alvarez’s 2 positive tests for clenbuterol, and he’s determined that he can’t be found guilty of doping.  → read full story

Subscribe (Free!)
Search

The views expressed in all articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of BoxingNews24 or its affiliates.

Facebook Button Twitter Button Twitter Button

Privacy Statement l  Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Boxing Resources l Contact Us