Boxing News - Latest Headlines


Canelo vs. Golovkin II

Sulaiman: Golovkin has the power to make Canelo fight happen

By Jim Dower: World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman wants Saul Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin to sit down and reach an agreement to complete the negotiations for their rematch.  → read full story

Sulaiman says Golovkin will have to face Jermall Charlo if no Canelo rematch

By Sean Jones: WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman let Gennady Golovkin know on Tuesday that if he doesn’t agree to fight Saul Canelo Alvarez in a rematch than the World Boxing Council will order him to take on interim WBC 160lb champion Jermall Charlo (27-0, 21 KOs).  → read full story

GGG/Canelo Negotiations on the Ropes – Good for Middleweight Division?

By Tom Hochbaum: Oscar De La Hoya and Eric Gomez have been very vocal about the fact that Gennady Golovkin has made financial demands which render the GGG/Canelo rematch unlikely.  → read full story

Sulaiman asks GGG to sign contract for Canelo rematch

By Sean Jones: WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman is asking Gennady Golovkin to stay in negotiations with Saul Canelo Alvarez and sign the contract for the September 15 fight.  → read full story

Gomez: Canelo has plenty of options; GGG must decide if he wants the fight

By Dan Ambrose: Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez insists that Saul Canelo Alvarez has “many options” for his next fight in September if the rematch with IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin doesn’t take place.  → read full story

De La Hoya: Only way GGG fights Canelo is on same terms agreed after first fight

By Dan Ambrose: Oscar De La Hoya once again has taken to Twitter to remind Gennady Golovkin that Saul Canelo Alvarez is “moving on”, and that the only way the rematch can take place between the two stars on September 15 is if GGG accepts the original agreed upon pure split for the cancelled May […]

Gomez: If GGG and Loeffler are bluffing, it’s not going to work

By Dan Ambrose: Saul Canelo Alvarez’s promoter Eric Gomez says the deal for the rematch against Gennady Golovkin is dead after receiving a counteroffer from his promoter Tom Loeffler for an unstated split that he finds unacceptable.  → read full story

Loeffler: Canelo is looking to fight someone easier than GGG in September

By Dan Ambrose: Tom Loeffler thinks the major reason why Golden Boy Promotions aren’t showing interest in giving middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin a fairer deal for the rematch with Saul Canelo Alvarez for September 15 is because they’re looking for an easier opponent for him.  → read full story

Loeffler says GGG wants 50-50 deal, Gomez is furious

By Sean Jones: Tom Loeffler says middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin wants an even 50-50 split for the rematch with Saul Canelo Alvarez, as he feels that as the champion, he deserves equal money after previously getting the smaller 70-30 split for the first fight last year in September 2017.  → read full story

De La Hoya wishes GGG luck against Derevyanchenko

By Jim Dower: Oscar De La Hoya says he’s wish Gennady Golovkin luck in his next fight against IBF mandatory challenger Sergiy Derevyanchenko 12-0, 10 KOs) because he’s taking the Saul Canelo Alvarez train and moving on to a possible fight against Danny Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders or Gary ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan for September 15.  → read […]

Subscribe (Free!)
Search

The views expressed in all articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of BoxingNews24 or its affiliates.

Facebook Button Twitter Button Twitter Button

Privacy Statement l  Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Boxing Resources l Contact Us