Boxing News - Latest Headlines


title Tony Bellew says he’s a serious threat to Tyson Fury

by Scott Gilfoid: Former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew feels he’s a real threat to beating Tyson Fury (26-0, 19 KOs). Bellew’s two wins over David Haye has given him confidence that he can beat the 29-year-old Fury. Bellew knocked the over-the-hill Haye out in the 5th round on May 5th at the O2 Arena in London. Read the rest of this entry »



title Arum interested in Terence Crawford vs. Lucas Matthysse fight in fall

By Chris Williams: Top Rank promoter Bob Arum would like to set up a unification fight between his fighter WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford and WBA ‘regular’ champion Lucas Matthysse (39-4, 36 KOs) in the fall if Argentinian’s fight against Manny Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) on July 15 fails to come off. Read the rest of this entry »



title Loeffler: The officials for Canelo-GGG will be under a microscope

By Jeff Aranow: The judges for the rematch between Saul Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin will be under close examination by boxing public on September 15, according to promoter Tom Loeffler. After the odd scores turned in by two of the judges last year for the Canelo-Golovkin fight, the judges selected for the rematch are going to find themselves watched closely by the public to make sure they don’t turn in another set of scores that don’t match the fight. Read the rest of this entry »



title Josh Taylor vs. Viktor Postol – Preview and analysis

By Tim Royner: Josh Taylor (12-0, 11 KOs) will be defending his World Boxing Council Silver light welterweight title against former WBC 140lb champion Viktor Postol (29-1, 12 KOs) this Saturday night The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland. The winner of the Taylor vs. Postol fight will be in position to challenge WBC light welterweight champion Jose Ramirez soon. Read the rest of this entry »



title Golovkin vs. Alvarez – Round 13

By Tom Hochbaum: As announced last week, Gennady Golovkin and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez will meet in Las Vegas on September 15th in a rematch for the Middleweight championship. If you are interested in the purse splits, titles stripped, tests failed, negotiations, or media posturing, do yourself a favor and skip this article. Boxing fans have been inundated with story lines surrounding this fight since the controversial decision of a draw in the first rendition last September. Meanwhile, breakdown of the actual fight seems to have taken a back seat. So it comes as quite the relief to hear each fighters’ camps announce that there will be no press conference or media tour for the rematch. The fighters seem to genuinely dislike each other at this point and the promotion requires little additional build-up ahead of the highly-anticipated rematch. Read the rest of this entry »



title Abel Sanchez angry with Canelo, says he’s acting like a diva

By Sean Jones: Abel Sanchez thinks Saul Canelo Alvarez is acting like he’s too good to help promote the September 15th rematch with Gennady Golovkin with his decision not to take part in face offs programs and news conference to announce the fight. Sanchez says Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) says he’s robbing the fans by preventing them from being able to see him and Golovkin face each other in the press conferences. Read the rest of this entry »



title Oscar Valdez wants to fight in December

By Chris Williams: WBO featherweight champion Oscar Valdez (24-0, 19 KOs) is hoping to comeback from his broken jaw to defend his WBO title in December if he’s given the green light by his doctor to return to the ring. Read the rest of this entry »



title Dejan Zlaticanin vs. Roberto Ramirez on June 21

Just a short distance from Manhattan, Astoria, Queens’ premier entertainment venue, Melrose Ballroom, is prepped and ready to shine this Thursday night, June 21, as it hosts DiBella Entertainment’s long-running and acclaimed Broadway Boxing series for the first time. Broadway Boxing is presented by Nissan of Queens, Azad Watches, OPTYX, Christos Steakhouse and Gagliardi Insurance. Read the rest of this entry »



title Errol Spence Jr. vs. Carlos Ocampo averaged 683,000 viewers on Showtime

By Allan Fox: IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr.’s first round knockout win last Saturday night against IBF mandatory challenger Carlos Ocampo (22-1, 13 KOs) pulled in 683,000 viewers with a peak of 726,000 viwers on Showtime from the Ford Center in Frisco, Texas. This was the third best boxing event on Showtime in 2018, behind WBC heavyweight champion Deontay ‘Bronze Bomber’ Wilder’s last fight against Luis ‘King Kong’ Ortiz last March and the Jessie Vargas vs. Adrien ‘The Problem’ Broner. Read the rest of this entry »



title Billy Joe Saunders to fight in September

By Scott Gilfoid: Billy Joe Saunders will be back in September to defend his WBO middleweight title against an opponent still to be determined. Saunders’ promoter Frank Warren says he’s had preliminary talks in setting up a fight for the 28-year-old Saunders (26-0, 12 KOs). Saunders had been hoping to fight IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin in a unification fight on August 25, but that fight failed to happen after GGG signed for a rematch against Saul Canelo Alvarez on September 15. Read the rest of this entry »



Newsletter

The views expressed in all articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of BoxingNews24 or its affiliates.

Privacy Statement l Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Boxing Resources l Contact Us