Taylor vs Khongsong, Edwards v Williams Official ESPN+ Weights & Photos
Josh Taylor Vs Khongsong to begin LIVE at 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT on ESPN+ in the US – Live coverage on BT Sport 1 begins on Saturday at 7.30pm in UK
• Josh Taylor 139.25 lbs vs. Apinun Khongsong 139.5 lbs
(Taylor’s IBF/WBA Jr. Welterweight World Titles — 12 Rounds)
• Charlie Edwards 117.5 lbs vs. Kyle Williams 117.25 lbs
(Bantamweight — 10 Rounds)
• Davey Oliver Joyce 121.25 lbs vs. Ionut Baluta 121.25 lbs
(Joyce’s WBO European Jr. Featherweight title — 10 Rounds)
• George Davey 154.5 lbs vs. Jeff Thomas 155.5 lbs
(Jr. Middleweight — 4 Rounds)
• Eithan James 141.25 lbs vs. Kris Pilkington 141.25 lbs
(Jr. Welterweight— 4 Rounds)
Former flyweight world champion Charlie Edwards will test out the bantamweight waters in a 10-rounder against Kyle Williams on Saturday, Sept. 26 as the co-feature to WBA/IBF junior welterweight world champion Josh Taylor’s title defense against Apinun Khongsong in London.
Taylor-Khongsong and Edwards-Williams will stream live and exclusively on ESPN+ beginning at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT, with undercard bouts at 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT.
Edwards (15-1, 1 NC, 6 KOs), from the London borough of Croydon, won the WBC flyweight world title in December 2018 with a one-sided decision over Cristofer Rosales, then defended it three months later with a shutout decision over Angel Moreno.
He nearly lost his world title via knockout to Julio Cesar Martinez last August on the Vasiliy Lomachenko-Luke Campbell undercard, but the bout was ruled a no contest after Martinez hit Edwards while he was on the canvas. Williams (11-2, 3 KOs) is coming off a split decision defeat last October against an over-the-weight Ionut Baluta for the vacant WBO European bantamweight title.
In undercard action on ESPN+:
Former Irish amateur superstar and 2016 Olympian Davey Oliver Joyce (12-1, 9 KOs) will make the first defense of his WBO European junior featherweight title against Baluta (13-2, 2 KOs) in a 10-rounder.
Joyce moved down to junior featherweight following his shocking knockout loss to Leigh Wood last October in a bid for the WBO European featherweight title. In March, Baluta authored one of 2020’s biggest upsets, stunning former junior featherweight world champion TJ Doheny via eight-round unanimous decision.
Top prospect Willy Hutchinson (12-0, 8 KOs), who notched a first-round KO last month, will face an opponent to be named in a 10-round super middleweight fight.
Junior middleweight upstart George Davey (2-0) will see action in a four-round bout. The Queensberry Promotions prospect won a pair of Haringey Box Cup titles as an amateur.
More Boxing News:
- Video: Al Bernstein Unplugged – Vinnie Pazienza
- Inoue – Moloney Oct 31 Undercard Update
- Sergey Lipinets vs. Custio Clayton zoom media quotes for Oct.24
- Javier Fortuna faces Antonio Lozada on Nov.21 on FS1
- Regis Prograis talks Juan Heraldez fight on Oct.31
- Oscar De La Hoya says he’s serious about comeback
- Vasily Lomachenko apologizes to fans for loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Campbell takes partial credit for Teofimo’s win over Lomachenko
- Estrada vs. Cuadras, Chocolatito vs. Gonzalez & Martinez vs. Calleros – Official DAZN Weights
- Michael Conlan vs. Isaac Dogboe agreed for Dec.5 on ESPN