Wilder vs. Fury II Special Encore Presentation on ESPN
ESPN will air the non-pay-per-view premier of the heavyweight rematch that captured the world’s attention last month. WBC and Lineal Heavyweight champion Tyson “The Gypsy” King” Fury’s masterpiece victory over Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder will debut on ESPN, Monday, March 23. ESPN will air the four-fight card beginning at 8 p.m. ET, which will be preceded by a special re-air presentation of Fury and Wilder’s disputed December 2018 draw (7 p.m. ET).
The entire Wilder-Fury II PPV broadcast will also become available for replay to all ESPN+ subscribers beginning Monday.
Wilder vs. Fury bouts
The Wilder-Fury II presentation will also feature the following bouts:
- former heavyweight world champion Charles Martin squaring off against former title challenger Gerald “El Gallo Negro” Washington in a scheduled 12-round IBF heavyweight world title eliminator
- WBO junior featherweight world champion Emanuel “Vaquero” Navarrete, a.k.a “The Mexican Iron Man,” defending his title against Filipino contender Jeo Santisima
- And super welterweight sensation Sebastian “The Towering Inferno” Fundora against 2016 Australian Olympian Daniel Lewis in a highly anticipated battle of unbeaten.
Wilder-Fury II adds to ESPN’s week of programming, which also includes an encore presentation of the Academy-Award winning 30 for 30 documentaries “O.J.: Made in America.” The documentary will now shift to air over four nights in primetime from March 24-March 26.
The film originally premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2016, debuted on ABC/ESPN in June 2016 and won the Oscar for Best Documentary Feature at the 89th Academy Awards in February 2017.
Greatest fights in boxing history on ESPN+
ESPN+ also features a collection of some of the greatest fights in boxing history, including dozens of legendary bouts from the Top Rank Library, available on demand.
The collection includes legendary heavyweight showdowns like Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier III, Ali vs. George Foreman, Joe Louis vs. Billy Conn, Mike Tyson vs. Larry Holmes, Jack Dempsey vs. Gene Tunney, Max Baer vs. James J. Braddock, Ali vs. Sonny Liston I & II, and many more.
ESPN Boxing Schedule, Monday, March 23 (All times ET)
Time Program Duration Fights World Title
- 7:00 PM Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury I 1:00 Deontay Wilder (C) vs. Tyson Fury I (Lineal) WBC Heavyweight
- 8:00 PM Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury II (Main Card) 3:00 Sebastian Fundora vs. Daniel Lewis
Emanuel Navarrete (C) vs. Jeo Santisima WBO Junior Featherweight
Charles Martin vs. Gerald Washington (IBF Heavyweight title eliminator)
Deontay Wilder (C) vs. Tyson Fury II (Lineal) WBC Heavyweight (and Lineal)
- 11:00 PM SportsCenter
More Boxing News:
- EA SPORTS™ UFC 4 Launches Aug. 14 – Includes Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua!
- Hannah Rankin wants her title back!
- Devin Haney ready to return to the ring
- Boxing Results: Brad Foster defeats James Beech
- Fury sparring partner Anderson slams glove tampering claims
- Tank Davis to stream sparring session with Ivan Redkach on Monday
- Alexander Povetkin ready for Dillian Whyte
- Vergil Ortiz Jr in a hurry to face Terence Crawford
- Tureano Johnson and Jason Quigley added to the list for Canelo Alvarez’s next fight
- Canelo vs. Golovkin III targeted for May 2021