Regis Prograis vs Kiryl Relikh: Where To Watch & Live Stream Info
WBC Diamond Champion Regis Prograis talked legacy and Kiryl Relikh at the final press conference in Lafayette, Louisiana ahead of the WBSS super-lightweight semi-final at the Cajundome on Saturday.
“Legacy never dies. This will be here way when I’m just ashes and gone,” Prograis told local TV Station, KATC, at the press conference.
“That’s why I signed up for the tournament. It’s a big risk and reward at the same time. It’s real fights. You can’t duck people, you have to fight. It’s a big reward at the end, at the end of the rainbow is the pot of gold.”
Prograis’ trainer Bobby Benton has outlined the gameplan to follow for Saturday’s semi-final against Kiryl Relikh, the WBA Champion of Belarus.
“Benton tells me what he does and what he does good and what he does bad and what his tendencies are,” said Prograis.
“He doesn’t go in completely blind – he has an idea of what his opponents will do – but this set up allows him to be freed up entering the ring.
“It makes me become the best me I feel,” said Prograis. “You aren’t expecting anything. I expect the best. I expect him to be really fast, really strong, really aggressive. That’s what my mindset is. It’s focused on him being the best. I’m preparing to go against the best every time and I can’t wait for Saturday to go out and do what I do.”
Kiryl Relikh is expecting an even fight. “He is not easy, and I am not easy so I think it will be an interesting fight,” he told. “I don’t want to reveal too much about my plan of how to beat him, but you’ll see on Saturday…”
Tickets starting at $25 for the WBSS Super-Lightweight and Bantamweight Semi-Finals on April 27 at the Cajundome in Lafayette, LA are available from TicketMaster here.
More Boxing News:
- Hollywood star Danny Trejo talks about his love of boxing
- Four Hours of Legendary “Iron” Mike Tyson on ESPN
- Queensberry inks Jonathan Kumuteo & Amaar Akbar
- MTK Global And KHK Sports Join Forces In Groundbreaking Partnership
- Sam Jones Slams Internet Trolls, “You’re Taking The P*ss!”
- Gervonta Davis WARNS Ryan Garcia that he’ll slap him
- Mayweather could have ended Canelo’s career – Mauricio Sulaiman
- Chris Eubank Jr. still wants GGG and Canelo this year
- Whyte wants WBC to force Fury to fight him next in 2020
- Shakur Stevenson vs. Felix Caraballo possible for June 9