Cojanu: Daniel Dubois Has Got A Mountain To Climb
RAZVAN COJANU RECKONS the decision-makers behind the burgeoning career of explosive young heavyweight Daniel Dubois have made an error of judgement in their matchmaking for March 8.
The two huge heavyweights collide at the Royal Albert Hall in what will be a tenth professional fight for Dubois. The 21-year-old has already won the WBC Youth, Southern Area and English titles since making his debut in April 2017.
The California-based Cojanu has, indeed, operated at a higher level in his 21 fights to date, what with challenging for a world title against Joseph Parker and stepping in with the vastly experienced Luis Ortiz in the fight after the Cuban had Deontay Wilder teetering on the brink of defeat in Brooklyn.
Too much, too soon is the message from the 31-year-old Romanian.
“I think his people have made a big mistake by fighting me now so early in his career,” he stated. “He’s got a lot to learn and this is a step too far.”
Cojanu, who was beaten on points last time out against Dubois’ domestic rival Nathan Gorman added that size does matter and he will prove as much on the night.
“I don’t think Daniel has fought anyone bigger and stronger than him yet. When he gets in with me he will realise how hard the mountain is to climb.”
Daniel Dubois v Razvan Cojanu and Anthony Yarde defending his WBO Intercontinental light heavyweight title against Travis Reeves tops a huge night of boxing at the Royal Albert Hall that also includes the British middleweight title clash between Liam Williams and Joe Mullender, while British welterweight champion Johnny Garton makes a first defence of his belt against the Welshman Chris Jenkins. Unbeaten featherweight Lucien Reid takes on his toughest test to date against Birmingham’s Indi Sangha. Unbeaten prospects Hamza Sheeraz, Denzel Bentley, Jake Pettitt, James Branch jr and Harvey Horn also feature on the show.
Tickets are priced from £40 and are available to buy via www.RoyalAlbertHall.com
TICKETS START FROM £40
GRAND TIER: £100
SECOND TIER: £75
More Boxing News:
- Golden Boy to show Ryan Garcia documenatory on DAZN this Monday, March 30
- Israel Vázquez vs. Rafael Márquez to re-air on SHOWTIME on March 28
- Claressa Shields vs Marie-Eve Dicaire May 9 Fight Postponed
- MTK Global signs heavyweight hero Dave Allen
- Showtime Boxing Podcast Interview With Stephen Espinoza
- Teofimo Lopez just wants to BEAT up Vasiliy Lomachenko
- Jaime Munguia in no rush to fight Canelo and GGG
- Daniel Dubois vs. Joe Joyce – NOT behind closed doors: Warren gives update
- Whyte says Andy Ruiz Jr. is a FAT coward for not accepting offer
- Danny Garcia the WBC mandatory to Errol Spence