Ivan Baranchyk & Anthony Yigit added to WBSS 140lb Tournament
140lb rising stars ready to compete for IBF World Title and Ali Trophy
The IBF Super-Lightweight Championship will be contested between Anthony Yigit and his IBF Mandatory Ivan Baranchyk in one of the quarter-finals of the World Boxing Super Series after both fighters enter the tournament.
26-year-old Yigit ( 21-0-1, 7 KOs) from Sweden competed at the London 2012 Olympics losing by a single point to eventual silver medallist Denys Berinchyk. He is the EBU European Super-Lightweight Champion and IBF Mandatory and is now bringing his explosive and entertaining style to the World Boxing Super Series.
“It’s a great opportunity and I’m honored to have been chosen to fight among the best in the division,” said Yigit.
“This Ali Trophy tournament is a great example of how boxing should be promoted: the best fighting the best. That’s where I want to be and these are the fighters I want to face!”
25-year-old Ivan Baranchyk (18-0, 11 KOs) from Belarus is an IBF Mandatory, comes from a solid amateur career and he won the world championship as a junior in 2009. As a professional, he has lived up to his ‘The Beast” moniker.
“I am really happy to be a part of the tournament because there are chances to take all the titles and show everyone that I am the best in the division,” said Baranchyk.
“My nature, effort and my love of boxing will help me to get the Ali Trophy.”
Three weight classes will feature in Season II of the World Boxing Super Series with two categories, Bantamweight and Super-Lightweight, already announced.
Ryan Burnett, WBA Super World Bantamweight Champion
Emmanuel Rodriguez, IBF World Bantamweight Champion
Zolani Tete, WBO World Bantamweight Champion
Kiryl Relikh, WBA World Super-Lightweight Champion
Anthony Yigit, European Super-Lightweight Champion and IBF Mandatory
Ivan Baranchyk, IBF Mandatory
Further details on Season II, the 2018/2019 season of the World Boxing Super Series, will be announced in the coming days and weeks.
More Boxing News:
- Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko & Jermell vs. Rosario Predictions
- Dorticos wants to KO Briedis on Saturday
- Joshua Buatsi defends against Marko Calic on Oct.4 on DAZN & Sky
- Boxing Results: Nestor Bravo Defeats Gallegos, Pasillas TKOs Encarnacion
- Live Stream: Jermall Charlo vs. D-chenko & Charlo vs. Rosario Weigh In
- Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook agreed for Nov.14 on ESPN
- “This Virus Will Not Beat Me!” A New Jersey Gym Perseveres Amid Pandemic
- Canelo Alvarez offered new $20M per fight deal by DAZN
- DiBella predicts Sergiy Derevyanchenko beats Jermall Charlo if it goes to decision
- Demetrius Andrade to Billy Joe Saunders: “You’re a clown, I’m ready to fight”