Carlos Cuadras has entered a rehabilitation program
Former WBC superflyweight champion Carlos Cuadras, from Mexico, has been temporarily suspended by the WBC and has entered a rehabilitation program for drugs and alcohol abuse.
Carlos Cuadras has entered a program in which he is accepting to, once and for all, eradicate his unfortunate addiction to recreational drugs and alcohol.
Mauricio Sulaiman, WBC President spoke at length with Cuadras and expressed the WBC’s absolute support during this process.
Carlos Cuadras has always been closely associated with the WBC throughout his professional career which began in March 2010; he has won several WBC affiliated titles, including, Youth, Continental Americas and Silver and then conquered the Green and Gold glory by defeating current champion Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and made 6 title defenses before losing his WBC championship in a very close fight to Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez.
Carlos Cuadras admitted that fame, glory and money, which come from success in the ring, haunted him and slowly became weak to the temptations and peer pressure from his pseudo friends.
“I am convinced that I will win this battle. I have a wife and a son to support and I represent my country, I need to find the strength with the help of God to find a cure to this horrible nightmare as I have lived in hell, but I am a champion and will be victorious”, said Cuadras.
He added: “I never failed a test in boxing, respected the sport but my usage in my private life, between fights, certainly affected my career in the sport I love. I am very thankful to those who have supported me during the difficult times. I am embarrassed and apologize to the public and to the sport but beg you to give me one last opportunity”.
The WBC will follow Carlos Cuadras process and will be in his corner in full support with the confidence that he will overcome adversity.
More Boxing News:
- Charlo doubleheader quotes for Saturday
- Alex Saucedo vs. Arnold Barboza Jr. & Edgar Berlanga vs. Lanell Bellow on October 17th
- Mairis Briedis, Yuniel Dorticos Land in Munich – WBSS Cruiser Final on Sept. 26
- Josh Taylor Vs Khongsong Press Conference – Quotes And Photos
- Usyk vs. Chisora Confirmed For October 31!
- Mike Tyson interested in facing Anthony Joshua in charity match
- Gennadiy Golovkin to fight on November 21st on DAZN
- Arum targeting Josh Taylor vs. Jose Ramirez for 2021 in Edinburgh or Las Vegas
- Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller blaming his recent drug test on a sex pill
- Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 in doubt for 2020