Groves injury update: I’m a fast healer
The WBA super-middleweight champion was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary hospital moments after his unanimous points win over Chris Eubank Jr.
The 29-year-old was practically fighting with just one arm for the last couple of minutes of the Ali Trophy semi-final at the Manchester Arena.
(Photo credit: World Boxing Super Series)
After attempting to throw a left jab, it became clear that his shoulder had popped out of place.
“The left shoulder just popped out in the 12th round,” said Groves. “The medical advice was to go straight to the A&E and have a look. They gave me a few X-rays and put it back in. I will get a few more scans and see a specialist and I we will look to see what the recovery time is. I have no pain now, I’m sure that is a good sign.”
The Ali Trophy super-middleweight finalist feels confident the injury will not affect his preparations for the final.
“I’m a fast healer. I broke my jaw in May and I was back training soon after. I have fought two times since then. I keep myself in shape, I live a clean life and it all aids to recovery time. The final is fast approaching and that is exciting for me so my body will re-heal fast. I’m in a confident frame of mind,” said Groves with a smile the day after Saturday’s dramatic fight.
“I was levels above Eubank in terms of boxing ability. Junior just felt short.”
Watch the full Groves vs Eubank Jr – The Day After documentary here.
More Boxing News:
- Zhang Zhilei signs with Matchroom Boxing
- Eubank Jr wants Canelo, Golovkin, Murata or Jermall title shot
- Pedraza v Molina and Ajagba v Rice to headline Saturday show LIVE on ESPN+
- Lubin vs. Gausha, Ennis vs Abreu quotes for Saturday on Showtime
- Luis Nery quotes for Aaron Alameda fight on Sept.26
- Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook close to being finalized for Nov. 14th
- Thurman still mentally struggling from his loss to Pacquiao
- Pedraza vs. Molina & Efe Ajagba vs. Jonnie Rice -official weights
- Erickson Lubin 153 3/4 vs. Terrell Gausha 153 – Weigh-in results
- Eddie Hearn close to getting Usyk vs. Chisora done for October 31st