Simon Vallily on Chris Eubank – George Groves Undercard
Simon Vallily has insisted that “Christmas is cancelled” as he focuses on his English title shot on the undercard of George Groves’ massive World Boxing Super Series clash against Chris Eubank Jr.
Sauerland Promotions have confirmed that MTK Global-managed cruiserweight Vallily will clash with defending English champion Arfan Iqbal on February 17 on a huge night for world boxing when Groves and Eubank meet in the WBSS super-middleweight semi-final at the Manchester Arena.
“It’s a brilliant opportunity for me, a good platform and a big stage for me to go out and show how good I really am,” said Vallily (12-1). “It’s good exposure and my first title shot as a professional. It will get my foot in the door and get me on the road to where I want to go.
“There’s no bigger card to be on next year, so it’s really exciting. I’ve got plenty of time to prepare, so I’ll be in the best shape I’ve ever been both physically and mentally,” continued the Middlesbrough man, who insists his Christmas dinner plans are cancelled as he prepares for his big shot.
“Christmas is cancelled this year! It’s not a problem for me because I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this and I’ve got what I was wishing for – an early Christmas present. Now I just have to go out there and show what I’m all about when I’m physically and mentally switched on.
“I’ll be able to celebrate when I lift that belt. It’s exciting times and it’s given me a fire in my belly that I may have been lacking in the past.”
The 32-year-old Middlesbrough man is fully confident that he will overcome Derby’s undefeated Iqbal (12-0).
“I’ve never really come across him before, but I’m not too worried about what he’s going to bring to the table,” said Vallily.
“All I’m really focused on is myself. If I’m prepared and 100 per cent on my game, this kid will get taken to pieces,” added the Imran Naeem-trained fighter. “I’ll be in my best shape ever for this fight.”
More Boxing News:
- Photos / Results: Zepeda Defeats Castaneda
- Jamel Herring – Jonathan Oquendo Headlines July 14
- Frank Warren brings British boxing back to life this Friday night on BT Sport
- Jack Culcay takes on Abass Baraou in Berlin, Germany on Aug. 28
- British Boxing: Fight Night Boxing Schedules Announced
- Gervonta Davis wants Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell winner
- Boxing Results: Jose Zepeda defeats Kendo Castaneda
- Jose Ramirez vs. Viktor Postol in August; Josh Taylor vs. Apinun Khongsong in Aug/Sep
- Ryan Garcia: My return is coming
- John Riel Casimero needs a tune-up while waiting for Naoya Inoue