Mayweather says he was offered 3 to 4 fight deal with UFC
By Allan Fox: Floyd Mayweather says he can make $1 billion if he makes a comeback and agrees to a 3 to 4 fight deal with the UFC. Mayweather (50-0, 27 KOs) says he was given an over to comeback to fight in the octagon. Mayweather, 40, isn’t saying who made him the offer.
Considering how much Mayweather wants per fight nowadays, it’s unlikely that anyone in the sport of boxing would have a big enough name for Mayweather to get a $100 million. That’s his asking price now. Mayweather doesn’t want to fight for anything less than that. If Mayweather fights in the UFC, he might be able to get his asking price. It’s hard to believe Mayweather would get $1 billion. That sounds far-fetched. If the UFC organization pays Mayweather $1 billion for a 3 to 4 fight deal, they might be sorry if he fails to perform at a high level in that sport. Mayweather looked pretty old and shot in his last fight against Conor McGregor last August.
” There’s only one…GOAT, and it’s me,” said Mayweather on social media. ”I’m the best athlete ever. Ain’t nobody do it better than me. I’m going to go on that page and post if I’m going to fight again or not. I don’t do nothing for free. They just called me not too long ago and asked me to come back. If I wanted to, I can come right back to the UFC…I can go do a 3 or 4-fight deal in the Octagon and make a billion dollars” said Mayweather.
It sounds like Mayweather is trying his hardest to keep himself relevant in the sports world. It’s been 4 months since Mayweather fought Conor McGregor in their circus-like event on August 26 in Las Vegas, and a lot of the boxing and MMA fans felt ripped off from that poor fight. It wasn’t an entertaining contest, as it looked like Mayweather was fighting at one-quarter speed and just carrying him. Mayweather admitted recently that’s what he did in saying he carried McGregor to make it look competitive.
Mayweather will be turning 41-years-old in February. He’s not getting any younger. It’s clear that Mayweather is not going to come back to boxing, because the only fights he can make to get a big payday is against dangerous fighters like Gennady Golovkin, Saul Canelo Alvarez, and possibly Vasyl Lomachenko. Mayweather might end up getting embarrassed if he faces Lomachenko the way Guillermo Rigondeaux was. I don’t think Mayweather is ever going to come back to boxing. If anything, he might try the UFC is the company is willing to offer crazy money to him.
More Boxing News:
- KSI addresses Mayweather vs. Logan Paul rumors: “This ain’t happening”
- Teofimo Lopez reacts to Mayweather fighting Logan Paul
- Logan Paul not denying Floyd Mayweather fight happening
- Conor McGregor says he carried Floyd Mayweather 3 years ago
- Santa Cruz says Mayweather is training Tank Davis for nothing; he won’t change
- Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook agreed for Nov.14 on ESPN
- “This Virus Will Not Beat Me!” A New Jersey Gym Perseveres Amid Pandemic
- Canelo Alvarez offered new $20M per fight deal by DAZN
- DiBella predicts Sergiy Derevyanchenko beats Jermall Charlo if it goes to decision
- Demetrius Andrade to Billy Joe Saunders: “You’re a clown, I’m ready to fight”