Weights: Dmitry Bivol: 174.4 lbs. Trent Broadhurst: 175.0 lbs
Saturday’s HBO Boxing After Dark® telecast begins live at 5:45 p.m. ET/PT from the Salle Medecin Monte Carlo, coupled with a primetime evening replay at 9:45 p.m. (ET/PT). Undefeated Dmitry Bivol will defend his title against Trent Broadhurst in a 12-round light heavyweight bout.
Official Weights from Monte Carlo:
Dmitry Bivol: 174.4 lbs.
Trent Broadhurst: 175.0 lbs.
Dmitry Bivol is regarded as one of the best up-and-coming talents in the light heavyweight division. Now, he makes his first 175-pound title defense, as well as his HBO debut, when HBO BOXING AFTER DARK: DMITRY BIVOL VS. TRENT BROADHURST is seen SATURDAY, NOV. 4 at 5:45 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT) from Monaco’s Salle Medecin Monte Carlo, followed by a primetime replay that same evening at 9:45 p.m. (ET/PT). The HBO Sports team will call all the action from ringside, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino.
The fight will also be available on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and affiliate portals.
Russia’s Dmitry Bivol (11-0, 9 KOs) meets Australia’s Trent Broadhurst (20-1, 12 KOs) in a scheduled 12-round title bout. Boasting a knockout-to-win ratio above 80%, the dangerous Bivol, 26, is on a quest for worldwide recognition and looks to fast-track his way in the talent-rich light heavyweight division. Broadhurst, 29, has compiled a 13-fight winning streak since absorbing his first loss in 2011 and hopes to spring a major upset.
The Monte Carlo telecast continues HBO’s initiative of presenting intriguing fights from across the Atlantic in a late-Saturday afternoon time slot. In the past three years, HBO Boxing has also visited London, Yekaterinburg, Russia, Hamburg and Dusseldorf.
Follow HBO boxing news at hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/hboboxing.
All HBO boxing events are presented in HDTV. HBO viewers must have access to the HBO HDTV channel to watch HBO programming in high definition.
The executive producer of HBO Sports is Rick Bernstein; producer, Dave Harmon; director, Johnathan Evans.
® HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is a registered service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.
More Boxing News:
- Video: Al Bernstein Unplugged – Vinnie Pazienza
- Inoue – Moloney Oct 31 Undercard Update
- Sergey Lipinets vs. Custio Clayton zoom media quotes for Oct.24
- Javier Fortuna faces Antonio Lozada on Nov.21 on FS1
- Regis Prograis talks Juan Heraldez fight on Oct.31
- Oscar De La Hoya says he’s serious about comeback
- Vasily Lomachenko apologizes to fans for loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Campbell takes partial credit for Teofimo’s win over Lomachenko
- Estrada vs. Cuadras, Chocolatito vs. Gonzalez & Martinez vs. Calleros – Official DAZN Weights
- Michael Conlan vs. Isaac Dogboe agreed for Dec.5 on ESPN