Callum Smith vs. Erik Skoglund – Official weights
British Callum Smith (76,02 kg) (22-0, 17 KOs) and Swedish Erik Skoglund (76,06 kg) (26-0, 12 KOs) are ready for Saturday’s super middleweight premiere of the World Boxing Super Series and the quest for the Ali Trophy at the Echo Arena, Liverpool.
(Photo credit: World Boxing Super Series)
“I can’t wait for the fight,” said Smith.
The Liverpool fighter will be fighting for the seventh time at the Echo Arena.
“I have always been able to perform well at the Echo Arena, and I can promise my fans another great fight tomorrow. I always try to improve and tomorrow I will show how much I have improved since my last fight.”
“I haven’t regretted picking Skoglund. Stylistically he will bring out the best in my style and things people haven’t seen from me before.”
The Swede, however, looked just as confident as his opponent, one the favorites to take home the Ali Trophy next year in May.
“I feel very good,” said Skoglund. “I believe in myself and the people of Sweden believe me, I will do anything to make them proud. Maybe my countrymen are the only people who believe in me, so I am happy for their support!”
The weigh-in was announced by legendary ring announcer, Jimmy Lennon Jr.
“It is great to be in Liverpool, the second stop of the tournament. The World Boxing Super Series is a very exciting concept and I think it is great for boxing to see some of the best in the world fight each other, and that is what we are going to see on Saturday,” said Lennon Jr.
Tickets for the Smith-Skoglund Muhammad Ali Trophy quarter-final and WBC Diamond World title contest on Saturday, September 16 at the Echo Arena in Liverpool are available from £35 at EchoArena.com
WORLD BOXING SUPER SERIES FIXTURES & RESULTS
09/09/17 – Cruiserweight Quarter-Final:
Oleksandr Usyk vs. Marco Huck (WBO World) – Usyk Won (TKO 10)
Max-Schmeling-Halle, Berlin, Germany
16/09/17 – Super Middleweight Quarter-Final:
Callum Smith vs. Erik Skoglund (WBC Diamond)
Echo Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom
More Boxing News:
- Golden Boy to show Ryan Garcia documenatory on DAZN this Monday, March 30
- Israel Vázquez vs. Rafael Márquez to re-air on SHOWTIME on March 28
- Claressa Shields vs Marie-Eve Dicaire May 9 Fight Postponed
- MTK Global signs heavyweight hero Dave Allen
- Showtime Boxing Podcast Interview With Stephen Espinoza
- Teofimo Lopez just wants to BEAT up Vasiliy Lomachenko
- Jaime Munguia in no rush to fight Canelo and GGG
- Daniel Dubois vs. Joe Joyce – NOT behind closed doors: Warren gives update
- Whyte says Andy Ruiz Jr. is a FAT coward for not accepting offer
- Danny Garcia the WBC mandatory to Errol Spence