Demetrius Andrade vs. Jack Culcay punch stats
New WBA Junior Middleweight champion Demetrius Andrade shows championship work rate in title winning effort against Jack Culcay
Philadelphia, PA/Bronx, NY/Providence, RI (March 13, 2017)–Newly crowned WBA Junior Middleweight champion Demetrius Andrade threw a staggering 953 punches according to Compubox, in his title win over Jack Culcay this past Saturday in Ludwigshafen, Germany.
Andrade, who many regard as the most talented fighter in the 154 pound division, showed his versatility as divvied up his punch output nicely between jabs and power punches by throwing 519 power punches and 434 jabs.
The junior middleweight average is 684 punches per 12 rounds.
Andrade saved his best work for the home stretch when he threw 91 and 92 punches respectively in the Championship (11th and 12th) rounds. In round 11, he connected on a fight best 40 punches. Andrade outlanded Culcay in 11 of the 12 rounds.
Andrade of Providence, Rhode Island became a two-time champion with a split decision over Culcay be scores of 116-112 twice and 115-114 for Culcay.
“Demetrius showed what a true world champion is supposed to do. He traveled to Germany and took the title from the champion. Now we will look towards the future, and there are many desirable fights out there. There are the champions like Erislandy Lara, Jarrett Hurd and the Charlo /Hatley winner. Of course the big names in the room are Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin. Those are fights that we would love to make and Demetrius wants them as well. Demetrius will defend his title with pride, and we will look to get him in the most meaningful fights,” said Banner Promotions President, Artie Pelullo.
More Boxing News:
- EA SPORTS™ UFC 4 Launches Aug. 14 – Includes Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua!
- Hannah Rankin wants her title back!
- Devin Haney ready to return to the ring
- Boxing Results: Brad Foster defeats James Beech
- Carlos Takam wins a unanimous decision over Jerry Forrest
- Vergil Ortiz Jr in a hurry to face Terence Crawford
- Tureano Johnson and Jason Quigley added to the list for Canelo Alvarez’s next fight
- Canelo vs. Golovkin III targeted for May 2021
- Keith Thurman: Spence is going to have to see me at 147 or leave the division
- Emanuel Navarrete targeting WBO mandatory spot at 126