Andy Lee Set to Rumble at the Garden
Andy Lee (34 W, 3L, 1 D), Irish middleweight fighter arrived in New York City earlier this week in advance of his fight against KeAndrae Leatherwood (19W, 3L, 1D) this Saturday night at the mecca of boxing Madison Square Garden.
The Irishman returns to the ring after a 15 month layoff on the under-card of the highly anticipated Gennady Golovkin v Danny Jacobs world middleweight championship clash. Lee has kept himself fit and sharp during his time out of the ring and is looking forward to lacing up his gloves and getting back in action.
Southpaw Lee commented ‘ I have had a good training camp in London and I am keen to get down to business on Saturday night and advance my goal of getting back into world title contention.’
It may be cold this week in New York, but being a St Patrick Day weekend Lee will be sure of a warm Irish welcome on his return to Madison Square Garden.
KeAndrae Leatherwood from Birmingham, Alabama is a tough and durable fighter and will be looking to upset Lee’s plans and progress his own career. The 28 year old Leatherwood has won 7 out of his last 8 bouts.
Lee, a former WBO world middleweight champion is known for his trademark right hook, but he also carries power in his left hand. Andy Lee will be looking for a repeat of one of his best knockout wins in his career featured in the web link below:-
More Boxing News:
- Live Stream: Mike Tyson – Roy Jones Jr – Watch LIVE!
- “I wasn’t getting in the ring for less than $25 million!” – Evander Holyfield
- WBC Judge: Tyson, Jones could be given two minutes to recover from knockdowns
- Bettors are backing Mike Tyson to beat Roy Jones Jr!
- Mike Tyson to continue with exhibitions: Will fans pay to see them?
- Frank Warren fires back at Hearn about Dubois eye injury
- WBC won’t stand in way of Anthony Joshua vs. Tyson Fury in 2021
- Martin Murray respects Billy Joe Saunders’ power