Zac Dunn defeats Liam Cameron – Results
Friday night, at The Melbourne Pavilion in Flemington, Victoria, Australia, Joe DeGuardia’s undefeated Super Middleweight Zac Dunn became the first Australian in almost 30 years to win a British Commonwealth title as he bested a determined Liam Cameron over the 12 round distance in a Super Middleweight showdown.
Native son Dunn, (23-0 18KO’S), who is rated #6 WBC and WBO, #7 IBF, and #13 WBA, took the decision over Sheffield, England’s Cameron (19-5 7KO’S) by scores of 117-111, 116-112, and a dubious 115-113.
Dunn, known for his power punching and aggressive style of fighting showed he can be versatile when he has to be as he clearly outboxed Cameron over the course of the fight.
Dunn took control from the beginning moving nicely while working off the jab and kept Cameron at bay for most of the fight. Dunn’s punch output was incredible during the entire 12 round contest and mixed in a terrific body attack which brought the high guard of Cameron down. Dunn kept a frenetic pace and never slowed down over the course of the fight and by most accounts won almost every round in his sternest test to date as a professional.
Star Boxing head Joe DeGuardia had this to say about Dunn’s performance,”Zac showed tonight that he is an all around fighter. He displayed wonderful boxing skills as he out fought the boxer, Liam Cameron who was a very good opponent. Zac showed he is ready to compete with the best at Super Middleweight and I fully expect Zac to get a shot at a world title in 2017″.
More Boxing News:
- Joe Joyce vs Michael Wallisch: Joyce Looks Forward To “Hard Fight” On July 25th
- Dubois – Pfeifer, Joyce – Wallisch: Queensberry Fill Out Summer Schedule
- Carlos Takam – Jerry Forrest this Thursday LIVE on ESPN
- Joshafat Ortiz vs. Joshua Orta this Thursday LIVE on ESPN
- Emmanuel Tagoe targeting Ryan Garcia in WBO 135-lb title eliminator
- Fury vs. Wilder 3 tickets will be EXPENSIVE for December 19
- Vasiliy Lomachenko starts camp for Teofimo Lopez fight
- Terence Crawford with few options for next fight in 2020
- Joseph Parker and Junior Fa locked in negotiations
- Carlos Takam 245.7 lbs vs. Jerry Forrest 225.6 lbs – weigh-in results