Havnaa vs Karavaeu on November 5 in Potsdam
Kai Robin Havnaa (7-0, 6 KOs) will face Ihar Karavaeu (8-12, 5 KOs) in a six-round contest on the undercard of the WBA World Super Middleweight title fight between Giovanni De Carolis and Tyron Zeuge on November 5 at the MBS Arena in Potsdam, Germany.
The 27 year-old returns to Germany following an emphatic performance against Mirnes Denadic earlier this month, which saw the Norwegian talent floor his opponent five-times on his way to securing a second-round TKO victory.
Havnaa’s next challenge is the 28 year-old Belarusian Karavaeu, who he must overcome in order to maintain his unbeaten record and claim his eighth professional win.
‘’I’m really looking forward to fighting in Germany again,’’ he says. ‘’It was a really good experience last time, and I was really pleased with my performance.’’
‘’I feel that now the things I’m working on in the gym with my coach Joey Gamache are starting to come out in my fights. I can feel myself getting better with every performance and I want to keep working hard and keep improving.
‘’I’ve had a look at Karavaeu and he seems like a good fighter, but I try not to focus too much on my opponent, I just concentrate on what I need to do. I’ll spend the next week fine tuning my tactics and then I will be ready.’’
All of Havnaa’s contests so far have been fought in Denmark and Germany, but with professional boxing now a possibility in Norway, he believes it is only a matter of time before he gets to showcase his skills in front of a home audience.
‘’For now, the most important thing for me is to stay busy. I want to fight as much as possible so that I keep developing, but of course, I look forward to the day that I can fight at home in Norway,” he says. ”I know my promoter Team Sauerland have plans to start promoting there soon, so my time will come.’’
Tickets for the Team Sauerland show on November 5 at the MBS Arena in Potsdam are available online via www.tickethall.de and www.eventim.de or by calling the ticket hotline on +49 (0)1806-57004.
More Boxing News:
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Frank Warren expects big things from Charlie Edwards
- Charlie Edwards signs with Queensberry Promotions
- Scott Harrison Aberdeen Undercard Update
- Hollywood star Danny Trejo talks about his love of boxing
- Teofimo Lopez needs a strategy to beat Vasiliy Lomachenko – says Jorge Linares
- Pacquiao or Mayweather – Who had the better career?
- Ryan Garcia: I think I’ve become FASTER
- Nevada Commission approved boxing’s return on June 9 & 11on ESPN
- Keith Thurman to Manny Pacquiao: GIVE me a rematch