Premier Boxing Champions – The Next Round on Bounce TV Draws 1.3 Million Viewers
ATLANTA (Sept. 20, 2016) – The first-ever Premier Boxing Champions – The Next Round on Bounce TV to take place in Las Vegas hit the jackpot.
Bounce TV premiered Premier Boxing Champions – The Next Round on Fri. Sept. 16 at 9:00 p.m. ET live from The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, with a premiere play for the west coast immediately following. The two airings combined to reach 1.3 million viewers 2+.
Male viewing was up by +19% in Men 25-54 and +10% in M18-49 versus the previous PBC on Bounce event in June. African-American Men also watched in big numbers with the fights increasing in the delivery of AA M25-54 by +50% and 18-49 by +34%.
Las Vegas’s own Ishe “Sugar Shay” Smith (29-8, 12 KOs) defeated Frank “Notorious” Galarza of New York (17-2-2, 11 KOs) via majority decision in the main event. Augusta, Georgia’s Justin DeLoach’s (16-1, 8 KOs) superior boxing ability and effective counterpunching made the difference in the co-main event, as he won a unanimous decision over Detroit’s Domonique Dolton (17-1-1, 9 KOs). The opening bout of the telecast saw Jose Cayetano (20-4, 9 KOs) kick off Mexican Independence Day Weekend with a lot to celebrate. The Tijuana native defeated 25-year-old Alexis Santiago (21-3-1, 8 KOs) via unanimous decision, ending the Phoenix-native’s 10-fight win streak.
Bounce TV (@BounceTV) is the fastest-growing African-American (AA) network on television and airs on the broadcast signals of local television stations and corresponding cable carriage. The network features a programming mix of original and off-network series, theatrical motion pictures, specials, live sports and more. Bounce TV has grown to be available in more than 94 million homes across the United States and 93% of all African American television homes, including all of the top AA television markets. Among the founders of Bounce TV are iconic American figures Martin Luther King, III and Ambassador Andrew Young.
# # #
Source: Nielsen, L+SD, 9/16/16, 9-11:50pm, P4Ws: 8/19/16-9/9/16, all reach stats based on P2+, 1 Min Qualifier
More Boxing News:
- Santiago Vs. Garcia Weights From Tijuana, Mexico
- Mairis Briedis vs Yuniel Dorticos WBSS Cruiser Final on Sept. 26
- Boxing Results: Jose Pedraza defeats Javier Molina, Efe Ajagba Decisions Rice
- Results / Photos: Lubin beats Gausha to earn rematch with Jermell Charlo
- Charles Conwell vs. Wendy Toussaint on October 7 on Showtime
- Canelo vs. Yildirim purse bid rescheduled for October 6
- Hearn says Whyte’s career will be “terminal” if he loses to Povetkin on Nov.21
- Erickson Lubin ready for Jermell Charlo rematch
- Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa reach an agreement for Nov.7 fight on DAZN
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk