30-day weigh-in: Gonzalez, Cuadras
LOS ANGELES (August 10, 2016) Consensus #1 Pound-for-Pound Fighter in the World and WBC Flyweight World Champion Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez, (45-0-0, 38KO’s) and undefeated WBC Super Flyweight World Champion Carlos “Principe” Cuadras (35-0-1, 27KO’s) both weighed in within the World Boxing Council (‘WBC”) required 30-day limits ahead of their greatly anticipated battle on Saturday, September 10 at the Fabulous Forum and telecast live on HBO World Championship Boxing beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Both fighters are in excellent shape and weighed in at almost identical weights. From his training camp in Big Bear Lake, California, Gonzalez weighed in at 124.2lbs. while Cuadras today in Los Angeles tipped the scales at 124lbs. (Photos/Courtesy K2 Promotions)
For super flyweight world title fights, the WBC mandates that fighters must be no more than 10% over the super flyweight limit or 126.5lbs. thirty days prior to the fight
Co-featured on September 10 and also telecast live on HBO World Championship Boxing along with Gonzalez vs. Cuadras is a 10-round junior middleweight rematch of the epic 2016 “Fight of the Year” candidate between Yoshihiro Kamegai, (26-3-2, (23KO’s), and Jesus “Renuente” Soto-Karass, (28-10-4, 18KO’s). The first bout scored a draw, took place on April 15 in downtown Los Angeles.
Tickets for this outstanding evening of professional boxing priced at $300, $200, $100, $50 and $25 are now on sale through Ticketmaster (Ticketmaster.com, 1-800-745-3000) and the Forum Box Office.
Gonzalez vs. Cuadras is presented by K2 Promotions in association with Teiken Promotions. Kamegai vs. Soto-Karass 2 is presented by K2 Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions in association with Teiken Promotions.
More Boxing News:
- Charlo doubleheader quotes for Saturday
- Alex Saucedo vs. Arnold Barboza Jr. & Edgar Berlanga vs. Lanell Bellow on October 17th
- Mairis Briedis, Yuniel Dorticos Land in Munich – WBSS Cruiser Final on Sept. 26
- Josh Taylor Vs Khongsong Press Conference – Quotes And Photos
- Usyk vs. Chisora Confirmed For October 31!
- Hearn: Joshua will vacate WBO if he must; wants Fury before Usyk
- Mike Tyson interested in facing Anthony Joshua in charity match
- Gennadiy Golovkin to fight on November 21st on DAZN
- Arum targeting Josh Taylor vs. Jose Ramirez for 2021 in Edinburgh or Las Vegas
- Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller blaming his recent drug test on a sex pill