Burbank’s Damien Lopez Debuts At L.A. Battle Club
As is often the case, every local boxing show has a pro debut somewhere on the card. Unlike the main event that usually features experienced professionals seeking to take one step closer towards glory in their chosen sport, the Debutante fighter, along with a legion of family and friends, anxiously waits for his first step into the squared circle as a newly minted professional. During the June 11, 2016 L.A. BATTLE CLUB show in El Monte, California, Welterweight Damien Lopez will do just that. And that first professional bout will be ingrained in his memory forever.
Growing up in Burbank, Lopez has been boxing since he was 10 years old. He also enjoyed playing football at Burbank High School where he played nickel back and was named defensive player of the year in the Class of 2013. Along the way, Damien always pursued his dream to box professionally. His older brother David had a fine amateur career and inspired Damien to box. In 2014, Damien won the National PAL Boxing Tournament. In 2015, he competed in the U.S. Boxing Olympic Trials in Spokane, Colorado Springs, and Memphis.
Out of the ring, Damien enjoys drawing, riding bicycles, and watching movies with his family. His two favorite boxers growing up were Mike Tyson and Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.. He admires both of their styles and what they did in the ring.
L.A. BATTLE CLUB will be presented by PR SPORTS in association with Bash Boxing.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.LABATTLECLUB.com or by calling
Tickets start at $40 for General Admission and $55 for Assigned Seating. A limited number of VIP tables (including dinner) for 4 are also available.
Doors Open at 5:00pm; First Bout at 5:30pm.
All bouts are subject to change.
Los Angeles Badminton Club
10410 Valley Blvd.
El Monte, CA 91731
More Boxing News:
- Santiago Vs. Garcia Weights From Tijuana, Mexico
- Mairis Briedis vs Yuniel Dorticos WBSS Cruiser Final on Sept. 26
- Boxing Results: Jose Pedraza defeats Javier Molina, Efe Ajagba Decisions Rice
- Results / Photos: Lubin beats Gausha to earn rematch with Jermell Charlo
- Charles Conwell vs. Wendy Toussaint on October 7 on Showtime
- Canelo vs. Yildirim purse bid rescheduled for October 6
- Hearn says Whyte’s career will be “terminal” if he loses to Povetkin on Nov.21
- Erickson Lubin ready for Jermell Charlo rematch
- Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa reach an agreement for Nov.7 fight on DAZN
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk