Team Bone, “We were robbed Shamelessly in Vazquez bout”
The manager of junior welterweight contender Erick Bone feels that his fighter was not given a fair shake this past Saturday night against former IBF Lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez in San Antonio
The bout headlined a Premier Boxing Champions card on FS1, was scored in favor of Vazquez by tallies of 99-91, 97-93 and 96-94.
Bone did well when countering and when he decided to force the action, landed the harder shots.
Bone was very effective with the right hand showed good foot work and landed some good body shots.
“Erick won that fight on Saturday night,” said Bone’s manager Eli Mackay.
“It was unimaginable that Vazquez won that fight and for one judge to only give Erick only one round just shows that the judges had their mind made up on what they wanted to see. The only problem is that Vazquez did not do what they wanted to see and it is a shame that a fighter like Erick, who has fought three world champions in his last three bouts (two on short notice) gets deprived of a breakthrough win that could help set up his career.”
“Erick clearly beat Vazquez to the punch all night and he fought a good fight Vasquez barely did anything. These type of out comes even on main event fights hurt the sport”
Bone of Manabi, Ecuador has a record of 16-4 with eight knockouts.
More Boxing News:
- Shakur Stevenson and Jessie Magdaleno to Headline June Cards
- Ricky Burns still has ‘a year or two left’ of remarkable story
- CES Boxing & Boston Boxing Offer Mike Tyson $1,000,000
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Dillian Whyte and Francis Ngannou meet in press conference on Saturday
- Golovkin prefers Kamil Szeremeta over Canelo trilogy
- Tim Bradley says Shakur Stevenson could be the successor to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Errol Spence doesn’t want a tune-up, targeting Pacquiao, Crawford and Danny Garcia
- Eddie Hearn doubts injured Deontay Wilder will be ready to face Fury this year
- Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2, Haney vs. Campbell & Prograis vs. Hooker in July or August in U.S