Hughie Fury rated #6 by WBO; Eager to conquer challenges in and out of the ring
Manchester, Lancashire, UK (May 16, 2016) – Fast rising heavyweight Hughie Fury has been ranked #6 in the world by the World Boxing Organization (WBO).
Fury captured the WBO’s Intercontinental belt April 30 via 7th round technical decision over awkward Fred Kassi. At 21 years old, Fury has a perfect 20-0 professional ledger and stopped ten of his opponents. During the last fifteen months, Fury’s passed multiple tough tests having outpointed noteworthy fighters in Andriy Rudenko, George Arias, Dominick Guinn and Kassi.
On July 9, Fury looks to shine on his biggest stage yet when he faces an opponent to be named in a ten or twelve round fight. The fight will appear on the undercard of the world heavyweight championship showdown between champion Tyson Fury and Wladimir Klitschko at the Manchester Arena.
Hungry but humble, Fury is very pleased with his world ranking and plans to win the WBO world championship.
“I’m overwhelmed that the WBO has me listed in the top six in the world,” said Fury. “I’m a loyal person and will repay the WBO by winning their world title just like my cousin Tyson.”
Even with his notable success and high praise throughout the boxing world, Fury’s been battling a grueling opponent out of the ring that has prevented him from being 100 percent.
According to Dr. Ian R. White, Fury’s suffering from acne conglobata which could result in malaise, fluctuating fevers and joint pain. The condition has to be treated aggressively with medications in order to keep his career progressing.
Thankfully, he’s responding well and things are looking up.
“I’ve been dealing with fatigue and a skin problem that caused my body to breakdown. I know people in the boxing world have taken note of this and I appreciate their concern. The good news is I have been given treatment to clear my skin once and for all. I’m 21 years old and am going to show the world what I’m about in the next year and hopefully there will be another world champion in the Fury family.”
Fury’s opponent will be announced shortly.
Fans can interact with Fury on Twitter @hughiefury.
More Boxing News:
- UFC Star Khabib: “Usyk Not Like Other Heavyweights”
- Mario Barrios, Ryan Karl training camp quotes
- UK BROADCAST DETAILS: Crawford-Brook to Air LIVE on Premier Sports 1
- McCarthy vs. Laggoune on Usyk vs Chisora DAZN undercard
- Results / Photos: Sergey Lipinets and Clayton fight to majority draw
- Joshua vs. Fury to fight in May or June 2021, says Hearn
- Oleksandr Usyk ready to “explode” against Dereck Chisora on Saturday
- VIDEO: Floyd is Right – Too many belts in Boxing
- Opinion: PPVs and Subscriptions – The Cost of Consuming Boxing
- Dave Allen taking risky fight against Christopher Lovejoy on Saturday