Gilberto Ramirez on Terence Crawford – Viktor Postol undercard
GILBERTO “Zurdo” RAMIREZ, Mexico’s undefeated World Boxing Organization (WBO) super middleweight world champion with the matinee idol looks, two-time Mexican Olympian and undefeated No. 1 featherweight contender ÓSCAR VALDEZ, undefeated Top-10 world-rated welterweight contender JOSE BENAVIDEZ, JR , his opponent FRANCISCO SANTANA and Hall of Fame promoter BOB ARUM will host a Los Angeles news conference Next Tuesday May 31. The participants will be announcing their title fights on the Terence Crawford – Viktor Postol world championship pay-per-view undercard.
Ramirez (34-0, 24 KOs), from Mazatlan, Mexico and co-promoted by Zapari Boxing Promotions, is Mexico’s first super middleweight world champion. He will be making his first title defense against Dominik Britsch (32-2-1, 11 KOs), of Germany. Valdez (20-0, 17 KOs), of Nogales, Mexico, will go mano a mano with No. 2 world-rated contender Matias Rueda (26-0, 23 KOs), of Argentina, for the vacant WBO featherweight world title. Benavidez (24-0, 16 KOs), of Phoenix, AZ., will risk his undefeated record and Top-10 world rating when he collides with Santana (24-4-1, 12 KOs), of Santa Barbara, Calif., in a 10-round welterweight rumble.
The six warriors boast a combined record of 160-6-2 (103 KOs) — a winning percentage of 95% with close to 2/3 of those victories coming by way of knockout.
Promoted by Top Rank®, in association with Tecate and the motion picture “Hands of Stone,” the Crawford vs. Postol world championship event will take place on Saturday, July 23, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. It will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT.
Remaining tickets to Crawford vs. Postol are priced at $304, $204, $104, and $54, not including applicable service fees. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call AXS at (888) 929-7849. Tickets are also available for purchase at mgmgrand.com or www.AXS.com
More Boxing News:
- Covid-19: Matchroom Boxing Schedule Update
- Golden Boy to show Ryan Garcia documenatory on DAZN – March 30
- Israel Vázquez vs. Rafael Márquez to re-air on SHOWTIME on March 28
- Claressa Shields vs Marie-Eve Dicaire May 9 Fight Postponed
- MTK Global signs heavyweight hero Dave Allen
- Malignaggi: ‘They did Golovkin DIRTY in first 2 Canelo fights’
- Joshua could fight Ruiz a third time – Hearn
- Brook: ‘I’m the guy to beat Crawford’
- Caleb Plant looking sharp training
- Canelo vs. BJ Saunders not likely to happen