Abraham promising best performance against Ramirez
Arthur Abraham (44-4, 29 KOs) is promising his best ever performance when he steps through the ropes to defend his WBO World Super Middleweight title against Gilberto Ramirez (33-0, 24 KOs) on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
The two-weight World Champion, who will be making his Las Vegas debut on the undercard of Manny Pacqiauo’s farewell fight with Timothy Bradley, knows he must bring his A-game to defeat the rising Mexican star.
‘’As a boxer your next fight is always your most important,’’ says ‘King Arthur’. ‘’In this case it is the circumstances which make this so special for me. I am fighting for the first time in Las Vegas, the fight capital of the World, against my mandatory challenger, a young undefeated fighter who will be doing his utmost to take my belt. This will be a tough test. I know I must produce my best ever performance to overcome this challenge and retain my WBO title.’’
In preparation for his World title defence, the German fighter has undergone an intensive training camp, which has included high-altitude training in the Bulgarian mountains followed by tough sparring sessions at the Kienbaum Olympic Centre.
‘’Fighting away from home, I know I must win convincingly,’’ says the 36 year-old. ‘’Especially in Las Vegas where the judges favour activity. This is what I have prepared for. The high-altitude training in Bulgaria has been extremely helpful. In terms of conditioning, I have rarely been better. The whole thing reminds me of my second fight against Edison Miranda.’’
The reigning Champion aims to make history by becoming the first German fighter to win a World title bout in Las Vegas. ‘’This gives me even more incentive,’’ he says. ‘’I’m proud to represent Germany on the World stage. I’m thankful for all the fans who will travel here to support me or who will stay up late to watch me on television. I promise not to let them down!’’
More Boxing News:
- Frank Warren: A Message To Matchroom Boxing And Sky
- Natasha Jonas vs Terri Harper on Aug. 7, LIVE on DAZN and Sky
- Fiaz vs. Baker on August 7, Live on Sky
- Jono Carroll vs. Maxi Hughes on August 12, Live on ESPN+
- WBC: Mike Tyson’s Return
- Erislandy Lara fights on August 29 on FOX in Los Angeles
- Devin Haney intrigued by Adrien Broner fight
- Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev to fight in December with fans or without
- Leo Santa Cruz plans on burying Tank Davis with pressure on Oct.24
- Canelo Alvarez’s first choice is Callum Smith says Eddie Hearn