Ryan Burnett faces Anthony Settoul this Saturday
Belfast’s rising undefeated bantamweight star, Ryan Burnett (12W- 9KOs – 0L) trades punches with Anthony Settoul (21 W – 8KOs, 4 L – 2KOs) from France for the vacant WBC International Bantamweight title at the Manchester Arena, England this Saturday night.
Burnett in 12 fights already holds both the British Bantamweight and WBO European Bantamweight Champion titles and is ranked #14 in the WBO world ratings.
Matchroom Boxing has provided their young 23 year old star with the opportunity to showcase his skills and talent on PPV Sky Sports Box Office on the undercard of Carl Frampton v Scott Quigg World Super-Bantamweight Showdown.
The event provides the Belfast man with the perfect platform to showcase himself to boxing fans across the UK, USA and around the world.
Burnett’s manager and trainer, Adam Booth commented ‘This is a big year for Ryan, he is stepping up in class and we aim to progress him through the bantamweight division’.
‘Ryan has abundance of talent, his natural strengths are he is very quick, he’s very strong and he’s very clever and they’re not bad ingredients for me to be working with.’
“Punching power is a combination of speed, strength and technique, and he has the speed and the strength, so I am perfecting his technique.’
There will be a large contingent of fans from Belfast at the event and they will be cheering on their man. Burnett last 2 fights have been at the Manchester Arena so he is no stranger to the venue.
Burnett commented ‘I made weight with no issues and relish the opportunity to fight at this prestigious event and progress my career, it is an opportunity to shine at a major boxing event and market myself on the world stage.’
‘Settoul is an experienced fighter, so I have prepared well for the fight and I am primed to go, cannot wait for the bell to ring.’
More Boxing News:
- Benavidez vs Angulo Weigh In Results – Benavidez Fails to Make Weight!
- Frampton vs Traynor, Conlan vs Takoucht BT Sport / ESPN Weigh In Results
- LIVE STREAM: Braekhus v McCaskill DAZN Weigh In
- Jamel Herring defends against Jonathan Oquendo on Sept.5
- Braekhus vs. McCaskill final press conference quotes for Aug.15
- David Benavidez 2.8 pounds overweight, loses WBC title for Roamer Angulo fight
- Porter analyzes Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia, expects to fight the winner
- VIDEO: Featherweights – Boxing Survey Series Part 3
- Teofimo Lopez to be made ‘Franchise champion’ if he beats Vasiliy Lomachenko
- Andy Ruiz Jr. and Chris Arreola have agreed to fight in late 2020