Deontay Wilder & Artur Szpilka nearly come to blows during world trade center photo-op
BROOKLYN, NY (January 13, 2016) – WBC Heavyweight World Champion Deontay Wilder and Polish contender Artur Szpilka continued their fight-week activities Wednesday, staring each other down for the first time at 4 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan.
On Saturday, January 16th the two men meet in a battle for Wilder’s heavyweight world title live on SHOWTIME from Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Televised coverage begins at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT and features unbeaten Charles Martin and Vyacheslav Glazkov battling for the vacant IBF Heavyweight World Championship.
Wilder and Szpilka posed for photos on the 57th floor of 4 World Trade Center. Across from 4 World Trade Center is the “heavyweight champion of Manhattan skyscrapers”, One World Trade Center– standing 1,776 feet tall.
As the event came to a close, Wilder and Szpilka exchanged shoves and verbal jabs and they had to be separated by their respective teams. They will go face-to-face again tomorrow afternoon at the final press conference before Saturday’s championship showdown.
Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by DiBella Entertainment in association with Warriors Boxing and Sferis Knockout Promotions, start at $25, not including applicable fees, and are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased online by visiting www.ticketmaster.com, www.barclayscenter.comor by calling 1-800-745-3000. Tickets are also available at the American Express Box Office at Barclays Center. Group discounts are available by calling 844-BKLYN-GP.
More Boxing News:
- Canelo vs Yildirim OFFICIAL for Feb 27 in Miami & LIVE on DAZN
- Gilberto Ramirez targets Saul “Canelo” Alvarez for future mega-showdown
- Diaz Jr. Vs. Rakhimov Undercard Update
- Josh Warrington Vacates IBF Belt
- Yildirim will use his Golovkin-like tactics to defeat Canelo
- Tyson Fury: I’m going to Smash Anthony Joshua
- Eddy Reynoso praises Canelo’s next opponent Yildirim
- Video: Thomas Hearns – Top 5 Notable Wins