Crawford vs Jean Press Conf Streamed Live, plus Quotes
“Dierry Jean is a good fighter. I am not overlooking him. There is a lot at stake for both of us. One of the secrets to my success has been to never look past an opponent or train less than 110% for a fight. It’s all about focus and keeping the blinders on. If you don’t respect the talents of the man in the opposite corner then you’re asking for trouble.
“It was a great honor being the  Fighter of the Year. It was so big. A lot of great fighters never won it and for me to win it at such an early age is quite humbling.
“This will be MY show on Saturday night. Jean will not dictate the fight to me.
“Who cares if Jean sparred with Manny Pacquiao? That’s sparring.
“Bodywise, I feel comfortable and much stronger at 140 than I did at 135.
“I feel great being home in Omaha. I can’t think of a better place to make the first defense of my junior welterweight world title. It’s going to be a great fight and a great event. I am so Omaha. I wear it on my trunks…on my sleeve…and in my heart.
”Terence Crawford is the HBO darling. But I will hurt him.
“Fighting in Omaha will have no effect on me. No pressure. I’m not here to win over Crawford’s hometown fans. I’m here to beat their champion.
“My training camp lasted eight weeks and I sparred with southpaw and orthodox fighters switching up every two rounds.
“I was a sparring partner for Manny Pacquiao in his last camp. He taught me how to fight a southpaw. I even used the shoulder roll on him. Manny was so quick and strong. He threw his whole body into every punch.
“I love being the underdog. I’m always the underdog. I’m used to it. I’m going to show everyone that I’m the top man in the junior welterweight division. I’m going to shock the world! Everything is in my favor.
“I’m dedicating this fight to my big brother who passed away two months ago. I plan to go to Haiti after the fight and visit his grave.
“I learned a lot from my loss to Lamont Peterson when we fought last year. It was my first world title fight. I went full out trying to get the early knockout and by the fourth round I was really gassed. I rallied in the later rounds but then I ran my tank empty.
“This time I’m going to box Crawford and if I catch him with a good punch I will finish him. It’s all about being first…first with the jab and first with the counter punch.”
Live Stream Begins at 1 P.M. ET / 10 A.M. PT via www.toprank.tv
– Fight Week continues Today with the Final Press Conference which will be open to the public and streamed live from CenturyLink Center Omaha (455 North 10th St., Omaha, Neb. 68102), beginning at 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT via www.toprank.tv. Undefeated two-division world champion and the reigning Fighter of the Year, TERENCE “Bud” CRAWFORD (26-0, 18 KOs), Omaha’s favorite son, is two days away from his homecoming defense of his World Boxing Organization (WBO) junior welterweight title against one-time world title challenger and current No. 6 world-rated contender, DIERRY “Dougy Style” JEAN (29-1, 20 KOs), a native of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, who now fights out of Montréal, Québec, Canada. Crawford vs. Jean takes place This Saturday! October 24, at CenturyLink Center Omaha. The championship event will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing®, beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
The two warriors boast a near-perfect combined record of 55-1 (38 KOs) — a winning ratio of 98% with nearly 70% of those victories coming by way of knockout.
Promoted by Top Rank®, in association with Tecate, remaining reserved seat tickets to the Crawford vs. Jean world championship event, priced at $27, $52, $77 and $127, are available at the CenturyLink Center Omaha box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. To charge-by-phone call (800) 745-3000. To order online, visit ticketmaster.com.
- Results / Photos: David Benavidez KOs Lemieux, Gómez beats Cota
- Results / Photos: Alimkhanuly destroys Dignum, Ortiz defeats Herring
- Boxing Results: Jean Pascal Defeats Fanlong Meng!
- Benavidez vs. Lemieux Official Showtime Weights & Photos