Brook/Chavez Off PPV, Joshua/Whyte on?
By K.A.B: It looks like UK Fans have been dealt a double edge sword. After the withdrawal of Wladamir Klitschko from his October fight date with Tyson Fury, The PPV fightcard for the Kell Brook vs. Diego Chavez has now been moved to Sky Sports 1 instead for October 24th at the Sheffield Arena in Sheffield, UK. This obviously is good news for UK fans because it was hard to justify that fight remaining on Sky Box office.
However, that being said, it now looks like Sky Box Office will be recouping their losses by instead looking to place Anthony Joshua vs. Dillian Whyte on PPV instead for December 12th at the O2 Arena in London, UK. Now this is simply rumor at this stage, but if you read between the lines, everything about the fight card tells you its going to be PPV. So far the only confirmed fight is Joshua vs Whyte. However, its now looking very likely that Tony Bellew will again be fighting for a World title and this could be Matchroom Sport promoter Eddie Hearn’s way of justifying it the cost. Also featuring on the card will be lightweight contender Luke Cambell, Kevin Mitchell and interim WBA middleweight champion Chris Eubank Jr.
Eddie Hearn simply isn’t going to be able to cover all of the fighters purse with just the gate receipts from this fight, but I doubt we will get confirmation of this fight until after the rearranged Klitschko/Fury fight takes place and the reason for that is because if people know now that Joshua will be PPV, then UK fans will simply make a choice ‘One or the other’. However, if he remains quiet for as long as possible, its more likely that fans will purchase the second fight anyways.
More Boxing News:
- Joshua vs. Fury will need to be PPV on DAZN says Eddie Hearn
- Amir Khan: Joshua has to go for the KILL against Fury
- Eddie Hearn says Joshua vs. Pulev possible for November at O2
- Chris Evangelou breaks down Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua
- Eddie Hearn: The WBC Franchise Championship is NO good for Boxing
- Hearn against letting Tony Bellew make a comeback
- Chris Eubank Jr: I’m looking to DESTROY Canelo
- Amir Khan to Marcos Maidana: “Let’s do it again”
- Eubank Jr gives his theory on WHY Saunders didn’t take Canelo Alvarez fight
- Emanuel Navarrete wants Naoya Inoue, believes he’ll beat him