Dillian Whyte battles Irineu Beato Costa Junior on August 1st on Sky Sports
Dillian Whyte will face Irineu Beato Costa Junior at the KC Lightstream Stadium in Hull on August 1, live on Sky Sports.
Whyte is hunting down the winner of the clash between Anthony Joshua MBE – whom he beat in the amateurs – and Gary Cornish later in the year who fight for the vacant Commonwealth Heavyweight title at The O2 on September 12, a night that features Whyte on the undercard.
The Brixton banger is 14-0 and will be looking to extend his KO run to 11 in a row when he faces the Brazilian on the undercard of the all-Hull grudge match between Luke Campbell MBE and Tommy Coyle, and the 27 year old says he cannot wait to get back onto Sky Sports screens.
“It’s great to be boxing back on Sky again after a long absence,” said Whyte. “It’s best place to showcase your skills and I’m looking to put in a devastating performance against Costa Junior.
“The British title is a belt that I look forward to fighting for and beating Anthony Joshua under year after being back in the ring would be even better.”
Campbell and Coyle’s clash is part of a massive night of action in Hull, with former World title challenger Brian Rose looking for revenge in his rematch with Carson Jones, former two-weight World champion Ricky Burns back in action after his heroic performance in Texas against Omar Figueroa and Martin J. Ward defending his WBC International Super Featherweight title.
Tickets are on sale now to Matchroom Fight Pass members now priced at £25 (Standing), £40 (Tiered), £60 (Floor) and £100 (Floor) available at www.matchroomboxing.com – VIP tickets have sold-out.
Tickets are on sale priced £25 (Standing), £40 (Tiered), £60 (Floor) and £100 (Floor) from www.hullkr.co.uk/tickets
Tickets for August 1 are also available from http://www.stubhub.co.uk/matchroom-boxing-tickets/ – StubHub is the official ticket partner and marketplace of Matchroom Boxing.
More Boxing News:
- Leo Santa Cruz virtual media workout quotes & photos
- Diego Pacheco faces Juan Antonio Mendez this Friday, Oct.23 on DAZN
- Mark Heffron vs. Denzel Bentley rematch on Nov.13
- Marshall Vs. Rankin added to Oleksandr Usyk vs. Derek Chisora card
- Sergey Lipinets ready for Custio Clayton on Oct.24 on Showtime
- Let’s be honest about Vasily Lomachenko
- Lomachenko has undergone shoulder surgery following loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Lomachenko vs. Lopez peaked at around 3 million viewers on ESPN
- Dave Allen needs new opponent, Christian Hammer tests for COVID 19
- Teofimo Lopez – Bob Arum lists options for his next fight in 2021