Tureano Johnson wants big names at 160 eyes GGG & Cotto
NEW JERSEY (June 15, 2015) – Gary Shaw Productions’ middleweight contender, Tureano Johnson (18-1, 13 KOs), is looking for the biggest fights in the division. Currently rated WBC #2, WBA #3, IBF #8 and WBO #13, Johnson is riding a 4-fight winning streak with the hopes of landing a world title shot.
Tureano’s only blemish is a controversial TKO loss to Curtis Stevens in which he was winning on all scorecards before the referee stopped the bout in the final round.
“I want all the champions in the middleweight division.” said Tureano Johnson, “GGG, Cotto, bring them on. Both guys are looking for opponents and I’m right here waiting. I’m highly ranked across the board so there’s no reason why these fights can’t be made. I see flaws in both fighters that I know I can exploit. My promoter Gary Shaw is working hard to get me a big fight and I’m confident I’ll be back in the ring against a top level fighter soon.
“Tureano Johnson is willing to get in the ring with any of the current champions,” Gary Shaw said, “GGG and Cotto hold world titles and both of them need an opponent. Johnson has made it loud and clear that he wants to fight either one of them. I will do my best to get him in the ring with either guy as he is deserving of a world title opportunity.”
More Boxing News:
- Chris Eubank Jr. still wants GGG and Canelo this year
- Hollywood star Danny Trejo talks about his love of boxing
- Four Hours of Legendary “Iron” Mike Tyson on ESPN
- Queensberry inks Jonathan Kumuteo & Amaar Akbar
- MTK Global And KHK Sports Join Forces In Groundbreaking Partnership
- Keith Thurman ready to fight behind-closed doors
- Mike Tyson looking chiseled training for exhibition
- Manny Pacquiao reacts to Floyd Mayweather calling him an “OLD man”
- Gervonta Davis WARNS Ryan Garcia that he’ll slap him
- Mayweather could have ended Canelo’s career – Mauricio Sulaiman